「Chapter 10 - Shut up, Candle!」

Fire stood there. Just...stood there. He didn't dare move a muscle, halting any slight movement.

He put a hand to his lips, feeling how the rest of his face was —unsurprisingly— on fire. He'd need a mirror to see how his whole face was a deep crimson, though. His hair was just another story overall.

So many (often undesired) thoughts clouded the flaming cookie's head. He looked as if he'd been struck by lightning or something like that. Not that it'd do anything to him. The lightning bolt would have been both aggravating and confusing. Oh, and also romantic.

Huh. Oh yeah. Lovestruck is a word.

He didn't feel normal. Like, at all. He'd never felt this way. And although it was just a (presumably heated) little kiss, Fire felt like he could explode at any moment. Burning down a forest or a city would be a piece of cake in his current state.

And how much would it take for another? What would it take to see Wind's face all flustered thanks to—

Oh yeah, Wind left him behind.

...

Wait, sh—

He levitated from the ground in an instant and quickly zoomed his way into Wind's direction. This would be easy. Wind doesn't usually fly unless he has his bow and arrow on him.

He increased in speed. That archer couldn't have gone that far.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

He pulled out another arrow from his pouch, repeating the same action over again.

Pull back, aim...

"C'monnn, fire already!"

"aaAAAAAH-" he felt two hands cover his mouth.

"Calm down, Windy!" laughed a voice behind him, covering his mouth while simultaneously pulling his bow from his hands, "I'm only messing with ya!"

"Asshole!" Wind yelled,

Wind whipped his head over towards the target and found his arrow not on target, but on the tree holding it up. He growled, glaring daggers at the cookie in front of him.

"What. Do. You. Want?" he scowled.

"You."

The flaming cookie received a slap in the face.

"Fire Spirit, I am training!" he yelled, "Dark Enchantress may attack soon, and this is how you choose to act?!"

The flaming cookie put a hand to his cheek, rubbing it slightly. His facial expression softened a bit, "...sorry."

The archer sighed, "It's fine. But please don't do that when I'm preparing to attack. I could've gotten hurt."

"What, you don't care about me getting hurt?" Fire taunted.

"You wouldn't budge if an arrow flew in your direction," Wind rolled his eyes.

"...Hey, so if I can't do that while you're preparing to attack, does that mean I can do it at any other point in time?"

"Wh—no! I— grrr..."

Fire laughed, "Ha! I'm just messing with you!' he looked back over at him, "Or was I?"

Wind gave an offended gasp and he raced over to the little pond a few feet away from him, cupping some into his hand and splashing it onto the flaming cookie.