「Chapter 2 - Deal or No Deal」

After a few moments, he lowered his weapon, and closed his eyes, letting out shaky breaths.

It was probably just an animal. Safe. I'm s-

"HAAAAAAAAHHH!!"

Hot hands latched onto his back, and his eyes flew open. His first reaction was to-

"EYYYAAAHHH!!"

...was to shriek...?

Wind Archer spun around, encountering no one. He was gasping for air, and his face was painted with...dread.

He prepared his bow and arrow again, flicking his head left and right and turning around again and again.

"Show yourself," he called, the serious expression is shown in his voice. Except, his facial expression was the exact opposite.

As he let out his shaky breaths, he heard a chuckle from above. A raspy one. A far from a low one. Instantly, he knew who it was.

"HAHA! AH, that was priceless!-" The voice roared, "I can't believe you actually got scared! Wind Archer, Mr. Serious, got scared!" it taunted. Wind's facial expression spontaneously turned to one of anger.

"What do you think you're doing out here, Fire Spirit?" Wind Archer scowled, now rotating in circles, aiming his bow and arrow at openings in the trees.

"Awww, don't be like that, Windy! I've just been following you for a couple of hours straight." the voice replied from above.

A couple of hours. A. Couple. Of. Hours.

This set Wind off, but not wanting to give Fire a reaction, he stood his ground.

"Why didn't you help me, then? I'm practically dying out here." Wind said as calm as he could.

"Windy, last time I checked, you don't like me being around. Why would I help you if you hate me?"

The smooth, raspy voice made him even angrier.

"Fire, I don't hate you. You don't have respect for me, so I don't have respect for you."

"Way to ruin the party. C'mon, be nice, Windy! Then I'll be nice to you."

"Being remotely friendly to the likes of you is one of the last things I'm ever doing. There's a reason Sea, Moon, and I don't want you around."

Ouch.

There was a time where Wind Archer would have tolerated Fire Spirit. That quickly changed, however. Fire started to disturb him, would flirt with him, and would follow him everywhere.

Wind knew Fire was just trying to set him off for shits and giggles since the beginning. So, he acted emotionless around him.

He didn't want to say he hated Fire, but he definitely disliked him being around. And Fire recognized this, yet he resumed to follow him around and annoy him anyways.

A cold breeze came through, making him shiver. Then a hot one came through, which disappeared very quickly. He looked over to where it was emanating from.

"Did I make you mad?" Wind asked condescendingly.

No response.

If I'm nice to him, he'll be nice to me?

>Doubt.

Wind lowered his weapon again.

Fire said nothing back. There was just silence for about a minute straight, Wind's breathing getting heavier and faster. The silence started getting almost scary in the pitch black, so he spoke up.