「Chapter 5 - Just Like That」

lmao making drawings for each chapter is such hassle i'm not doing that anymore-
maybe last chapter because that chapter can be summarized in one word

yes

----------

As more of the snowflakes hit Wind's skin, Wind started shivering. Fire's heat wasn't enough, and it couldn't beat this.

Wind started seeing his breath in the cold air as the snow started getting stronger. Fire started to take notice that it was snowing and looked down at a shivering, breathless Wind Archer.

"Do you...want to go home?" Fire asked.

Wind frantically nodded. He had wrapped his arms around himself, knees to his chest, attempting to keep himself warm.

Fire stood up and briefly sat next to Wind. Then, Fire put his arms under Wind's knees and on his back and picked him up bridal style.

"WoaH! Woah! H-Holy-" Wind stammered, trying to keep his balance in Fire's arms, although he didn't have to.

Wind found himself embarrassed. Of course, he'd been carried by Millennial whenever he was too exhausted. But not like this. So, he crossed his arms and pulled his knees a little closer to his chest, making it somewhat easier for Fire to carry him.

Fire started to levitate into the air, holding Wind securely in his arms. As he reached a high enough altitude in the sky, he began to head east, towards the Candy Kingdom.

Along their way there, they had the chance to look up at the sight above, blazing candles lighting up the surrounding darkness. A dark purple and blue canvas, with bright, colorful dots and auroras giving it a mesmerizing effect. Many of the stars above twinkled. Many relaxing gradients painted the sky. Neon, pastel, and dark colors painted the canvas.

For the first time tonight, Wind felt relaxed. He cozied up in Fire's arms, sighing in satisfaction, the heat almost fully settling him down. This was the kind of warmth he wanted to feel forever.

The cold night air began to turn warm again. They were finally away from the freezing mountains and plains.

"Hey, Fire..." Wind mumbled, kicking his legs a little bit.

"Hm?"

"They miss you, y'know." Wind mumbled a little louder.

"Who?"

"Sea, Moon, Millie...they had fun with you around." Wind looked up again, finding Fire's face lit up with joy, "I didn't exactly like your company before, but now that I know, I'd be happy to see you around."

And there it was again. That rare relic of a smile. Although only being a smile, it made blood rush to Fire's face.

He's so...

Fire, get your damn mind out of the gutter! This is not the time!

Within a few minutes, they were already above some houses and cottages. Several who lived out of the Candy Kingdom stayed up at late times usually partying or going to hang out with friends. The bright orange and yellow lights on the surface were not even remotely faint yet.

The moon sat directly above them, illuminating as well as it could over its kingdom. It was midnight, and many were still awake. It was the least you could expect from the Cookie Kingdom. As nightfall sets during the summers, almost every cookie goes out to celebrate something.

On this particular night, everyone was out. Cookies danced on the streets, music was performed from a distance, and some cookies even saw Fire flying through the sky with Wind in his arms, but didn't bother to yell up and wave.

They flew past the main castle, including nearly all of the cookie's homes. It was all still brightly lit, not a single bulb out. They even knew some cookies in the streets and plazas down there, many who they assumed were chatting with other cookies.

As Fire was convinced this brightly lit night would never die out, they reached Wind's humble abode. Distant from the kingdom, only a single lantern light sat on the porch of the nature-y house.

"Hey, Wind, we're here." Fire looked down at Wind and found him fast asleep. 

"People aren't kidding when they say my warmth puts them to sleep." Fire mumbled.

He flew up to Wind's window and found it open. He flew in and found a fairly neat and organized room.

Countless books were arranged on bookshelves in a specific order, a desk made of wood and vines with pieces of paper on them sat by his door, there was a closet on the other side of the room that was closed, and his bed was leafy and lush green.

Fire flew up to the bed and placed Wind down there. Wind's breathing patterns were a little loud but still healthy-sounding.

As Fire made his way back to the open window, he looked back at Wind, who had already shifted his position in his slumber.

Fire thought to himself, looking back at Wind on the bed. This cookie that had been avoiding him for god knows how long had only just shown him comfort. For the first time, he'd been reassuring that everything would be alright. That Fire wasn't alone. That Fire was in-

What...?

Fire had fancied Wind for a long time but often denied his feelings. In fact, the idea of being with Wind brought up to him would most likely make him a mess. 

But how could that be the case? Fire had flirted with so many cookies before. How could he get flustered at just one? Was it what occurred tonight that made him feel this way? Or was it because he had always felt this way? 

Will it do much for him to even find out? 

Staring at Wind, Fire's flames started to heat up. In that exact moment, he felt an impulse. To not be with anyone else. To only show affection for this cookie. This impulse made him relaxed and excited, all at the same time. Whatever this passion was, he didn't reject it at all. 

"I'll see you later, Windy," he whispered, and he exited out of the window, heading off towards the Candy Kingdom for the bright summer night.

And Just like that, he knew. 

He knew that he loved Wind Archer.

-------

there's trouble in the air you can smell it
and alexander's by himself
i'll let him tell it

HAhAAA wrong fandom

sorry this is so short. the next chapters are gonna be much longer. i'm aiming to wrap up this story in the next few chapters since the main part that pulled you people in has been finished.