「Chapter 7 - Need For Answers」

It's unexplainable. Liking the cookie you've believed you just wanted to tease your whole life is more than just indescribable. Maybe this was too soon. Too much jumping to conclusions. What if he doesn't even like him? Why is he saying this stuff?

"He smiled. He really did..."

He ran his hands through his flaming hot hair, full of a few heart sparks. His face was heated, a confused and daydreamy expression.

He wanted to be the only one who has ever seen that face. His smile. It could light up the whole world. Why doesn't Millie force him to use it more often?

And flustered. Imagine him flustered. What would make him that way? What would it look like? What would he-

"Earth to Fire Spirit...!"

His head shot up. A hand waved in front of his face.

It was Sea Fairy and Moonlight. Oh yeah. He'd been confessing everything.

...

Wait-

Fire Spirit slammed his fists on the table, "D-Did I confess everything?!" he stammered.

"Pretty much." Moonlight stated.

Sea Fairy let out a chuckle, "Who knew that the Fire Spirit could get so worked up over a smile?" she teased.

"And Wind's smile, for that matter." Moonlight finished.

Fire knew how he looked right now. Probably a mess. A blushing, embarrassing mess.

Why the hell was he feeling this way? He could right here in his mind confess that he really liked- no...loved Wind Archer. But did he really?

Do I love him?

The flames of his hair waved around even more as he thought about it.

Fire, you're really losing your mind here. This isn't some illusion. You love him! Right? Admit it! It's either love him or don't love him! I'm the author, let me choose!

No, no, no. Stupid. Classic idiot. Disgrace. You don't love Wind Archer. You know you can't. What's gotten into your head, you idiot? There's no possible way that he could love you back. Don't even try.

He probably likes someone else.

Yeah. That's right. He probably likes someone else. Get that into your head. He probably just...

Step, Step, Step.

"Millie, seriously, I told you I don't want to go!" Wind Archer yelled at his father figure, using all of his might to escape from the one holding his hand. He tried to trip Millennial Tree over and over again by pausing in his tracks, but Millie was way too fast and strong to be toppled over by a simple fault in the road. He could just carry Wind off the ground if he really wanted to.

"But it's the perfect opportunity to chat with other cookies!" Millennial argued.

"That's your damn argument every time!" Wind shot back.

"Language." Millennial warns, "Remember, speaking with the other cookies is very healthy for your mind. You can't keep yourself locked in a room for-"

"I get it."

Millennial stopped in his tracks, looked down at the green cookie, and blinked, "Clearly you don't." he replied, now calmly walking down the path, still holding Wind's hand.

Around them were tall, luxurious trees ranging from all different kinds. A normal view for heading down the pathway to the city would be filled with birds, but it was sunset and not a bird was out. It was quite warm on this night, not that they minded.