「Chapter 1 - Cold?」

hi today's my birthday by the time i'm uploading this lol

hope you like the drawing

-------

Half No. 1

Wind Archer wasn't afraid of much. Or, at least he shouldn't be. His legacy was to preserve the forest, to guard all, and to protect his friends.

Protect my friends.

Was that what he craved right now? Did he want to see Millie with his patient, forgiving smile? Did he want to meet with Sea and her elegant and relaxed attitude? Did he want to ask Moon what her most recent dream was about?

He certainly did. He always wants to. But on this particular night, he must have examined too far away from the Candy Kingdom, as well as his home. He was lost, and he was in total denial of it.

I know where I am.

The kingdom was that way.

He headed west, the exact opposite direction he should've been going. He walked for hours straight, now in need of assistance, even if he believed he didn't need it.

Astonishingly, Wind Archer was beginning to feel exhausted. He felt weak in the knees, his eyes were half-lidded, and he was freezing. He would fly, but he just couldn't. His body was too wasted to be able to.

Cold- wait, cold? When did he feel cold?

Wind looked down, shuffling his feet a bit, finding snow engulfing most of his lower legs. He looked up, blazing stars sparkling in the sky. He wanted to drop to the ground right there and doze off, but he knew he'd just get frostbitten to death.

He didn't know why he felt cold. He doesn't ever feel cold in these conditions, but for some reason, his body just had a tougher time holding up its defense, and only now he'd only just noticed how cold he was.

He needed someone. Something. He could never be found out here. His pet, perhaps? He didn't have any jelly beans on him. Could he send any letters? No paper or pen.

He stopped walking for a bit, wobbling in place. He didn't know what to do, so he just did what felt right.

"HELLOOOO...?!" he cried out abruptly. Wind Archer was not the type to shout, but he had no other choice. He just needed help.

"IS ANYONE THERE...?!"

Not a light flickered, and not another sound was heard. All he could hear was the echo of his voice and the faint whistles of the blowing wind.

"ANYONE?!" he shouted again. Not a reply was heard. He called out several more times, his voice eventually turning raspy until he gave up. He was stuck there. Alone.

He walked a little farther, kicking the snow beneath his feet.

He decided that moping wouldn't do much for him. He couldn't give up. He picked up his pace, trying to make out shapes in the pitch black, and discovered what seemed to be the silhouette of a forest.

He ran up to it, stopping in front of what he hoped was a tree, leaning against the bark. He felt safe, and the rustling of the leaves made him feel even more secure.

He sat there for a while, taking deep breaths and calming himself down. He felt himself settle down and shut his eyes. As soon as he did, however, he heard a twig snap.

Someone's here.

Wind flicked his head around instantly, backing away from the tree. He looked past the tree and in at the forest. He heard another twig snap and flinched. His survival instincts kicked in, and he immediately pulled out his bow and arrow from his pouch.

He crept into the forest, readying an arrow. Not that it'd do much for him anyway. He couldn't see. He couldn't target anyone even if he wanted to.

He halted and turned around again, facing the back of the tree he was recently leaning on. He stood there, his breath shaky, knowing that if he were in the light he'd certainly be able to see his puffs of air.

After a few moments, he lowered his weapon, and closed his eyes, letting out shaky breaths.

It was probably just an animal. Safe. I'm s-

"HAAAAAAAAHHH!!"

Hot hands latched onto his back, and his eyes flew open. His first reaction was to-

"EYYYAAAHHH!!"

...was to shriek...?