「Chapter 3 - Candle」

"chapter 3 - candle"

roll credits, amirite?

anyway, when they're talking about other cookies, those other cookie's occupations and the things they do are mines and my friend bricake-s's headcanons. so yeahhh just thought i'd let everyone know

enjoyyyy

--------

Wind sighed and recognized that there was only one way he could get this to work.

"Y'know, I probably wouldn't like it all that much," I said, shuffling the snow with my feet, "but Millie probably wouldn't mind if you come over if you feel alone. Or Sea and Moon, for that matter." I suggested.

Then, a long, drawn-out silence. Again.

Suddenly, a flaming ball appeared slightly overhead.

The flaming ball lasted only about a second, but it did form into something larger. As it formed into the shape of a cookie, Fire Spirit appeared in the air. Wind could now see lots of things around him, as well as the fact that he's circled by trees.

He observed Fire Spirit in the air for a bit. He noticed how he had a flaming scarf over his neck. It usually only appears when Fire's in cold weather, but Wind's seen it very few times. Fire could bear in this weather without it, he just liked wearing the scarf because it was suiting.

"Sup." Fire greeted, his signature smirk plastered across his face.

Fire lowered himself onto the ground, sitting across from Wind, and emitted as much heat as he could from himself.

Drawn-out silence follows.

Wind found himself staring, and looked to the ground again. The heat was very comforting, but he didn't want to admit it. He put his knees to his chest and hugged himself. He stayed in that position for a while.

Wind looked up again and saw Fire calmly looking up through the trees. The openings in the leaves exposed the star-printed sky.

"Candle." Wind murmured.

"What?" Fire asked.

"You're like a candle, but without the scent." Wind murmured louder, blinking.

"Pfft. That's one approach to it." Fire replied.

And of course, silence has joined the party.

"So, how are Sea and Moon?" Fire asked, putting his head back down to face Wind.

Silence has left the party.

"They're fine, I guess." Wind answered, messing with his leafy green hair, "Sea and Moon have been hanging out with one another a lot. It's really when they can because they're both not available most of the time. The three of us don't speak to each other as often anymore. We stopped after you stopped."

"Are all the other cookies from the kingdom okay?" Fire asked. Wind noticed how much of the snow that once surrounded them was melted, and short blades of grass were all that stood.

Why is he suddenly concerned about how everyone's doing? He does say he is the villain, after all.

"Yes, they're fine. Dark Enchantress hasn't done anything in a while. She's locked herself away from society altogether. I think she's plotting something."

"I wouldn't be surprised if she actually attacked at some point. There's no doubt she hates us- I mean- you guys," he comments. His stuttering confuses Wind.