Chapter 8: Without Warning (Jinyoung, Nate & Stefan POV)

~ ~ ~

(Jinyoung POV)

It had been an eventful few days recently and it was really hard to keep up with everything going on around me. Where should I begin though...? Ah right, meeting an SNSD member for the first time courtesy of her brother, who is also my friend. Well, from what I remembered, I was better at controlling my inner fanboy self whereas Stefan was...crazed? Keke~

Thinking back, I realised my sister and her members were all so lucky. Meeting idols like SNSD really is a dream come true as it is. I've barely even been at SM for a few months and already I met and was on good terms with Tiffany sunbae almost instantly.

Back at the dorm that day, Hayoung and Naeun had taken turns to share what happened. They insisted that Apink and SNSD should have a meet-up sometime because thanks to me and Stefan, we brought them closer together.

"But," Hayoung had added to which Chorong noona also agreed, "no bringing up of that incident."

We all knew what she referred to. As harrowing as it was, we could not forget the events of Yookyung's capture and my betrayal to the now dead Madam K.

But I knew things weren't going to stay serene for long. Madam K's network, when it was at its peak, was very widespread. Who knows which of her old comrades will strike next.

And speak of comrades, I wonder what happened to Jae, the accomplice who was with me when I attemped to kidnap Yookyung. I never knew his real name...

"Jinyoung...?" I heard Yookyung call my name this time around.

"Yes?" I was brought back to reality.

"We're hungry..." exclaimed Bomi and Namjoo noona's with a burst of aegyo.

"Buy us some food for dinner yeah? We need to discuss our upcoming schedules..." Chorong told me.

Without waiting, I got up and set off for the nearby Chinese restaurant near the dorm. Everyone was craving for Chinese today, mainly because it was the easiest option. These days, I have been their butler of sorts; staying with them at the dorm 24/7 and providing my services whenever necessary. It sort of makes up for the harm I inflicted on them that time. But it is not all that bad, I at least get to see Yookyung and Hayoung everyday.

The company, ACUBE that is, understood my situation, especially since my parents (Hayoung's too) lived quite far away. They got me a small apartment near the Apink dorm so that I could remain close to my sister.

I went back to the apartment to get more money for our dinner. I knew that Apink had a huge appetite, so I guess I'll be making a few trips then...?

As I exited the building though, I happened to glance to the traffic junction nearby and I saw a figure leaning against the roadside wall. Not a big problem I hear you say...

...but the figure had donned on a pair of shades. There was another weird thing...it was a cloudy evening.

Right, Jinyoung, standby defensive mode. Then again, it could be just another one of those gangsters...who I have sworn to stay away from.

But...why do I feel I should remain...? Also, the Apink dorm was in the vicinity. No...it cannot be...

So I stayed in the end. Acting casual as usual, I squatted down by the pavement and did not leave the suspicious figure out of my sight. I texted Hayoung and told her and the members to remain in the dorm and told her that some fanboys were coming and it was going to get crowded. Yes, the lie really sucked, but I guess that's a consequence for not practicing my training I picked up from my assassin days.