Chapter 16: Now Or Never (Jinyoung & Stefan POV)

~ ~ ~

(Jinyoung POV)

I stood silently in the room as Stefan continued to go down on his knees in despair. The way he said that our kidnappings were connected...did frighten me more than my legal limits. However, at least I could maintain my composure; sadly a form of training I still took from all the years of brainwash under Madam K.

And with my suspicions about Nate and Tasha's relationship still lingering in the air, I guessed that was becoming more of a certainty. Tasha's answer to her search had been staring at her face all that while...but it seemed like it was too late now.

At last, unable to take the situation anymore, Ferlyn had approached Stefan and consoled him.

"It's ok, Stefan," she spoke to him kindly. "The past does hurt. I'm sure your friends Jinyoung and Nate understand too."

"Why?" Stefan continued sobbing. "How am I supposed to be calm when my childhood friend's father turned out to be Nate's kidnapper? I can't even face her in the same way again, no matter how much I dislike her clingy self..."

"Look Stefan," Nate interjected this time. "At least you lived a comfortable life without knowing the truth of your kidnapping until the last moment. I suffered worse. I had no friends, no family, not as much fair treatment as you, and I still tell myself not to complain because I know I'm stronger than that."

But before Stefan could counter, I quickly ushered them outside the room. JooA needed to rest and we were doing no good arguing in her ward. Right now, I had to keep these two and Ferlyn company and secure. Nowhere is safe for them now.

Speaking of safe...Hayoung, Yookyung and Krystal were supposed to meet us soon...

"J-J-Jinyoung ah!" I heard my yeoja's voice at last. She was whisper-yelling since we were in a hospital.

There she was, brisk-walking towards us from the end of the hallway. My twin and Krystal were trailing behind and they were all very relieved to see us.

But I took a closer look at Yookyung and Hayoung's faces...and was shocked by how pale they were. Finally, it was Hayoung who broke down first.

"S-S-She's not dead..." she sobbed. "What happened?! I thought you killed her!"

I needed no explanation to figure out whom she was referring to.

"Unbelievable!" Yookyung shook me. "Even Apink were convinced you had taken her down to her grave. Why?!"

And meanwhile, Ferlyn, Stefan, Nate and Krystal stood there awkardly wondering what on earth was going on.

"Um...guys?" Krystal nudged the Apink members. "Introduce ourselves first?"

"Ah...mianhaeyo yaedul ah..." Hayoung finally regained her composure.

Ferlyn was the only one who needed to be introduced though. Still, she politely greeted the three of them and they shared a light conversation as I adjourned all of us to a park near the hospital. Now that we had safety in a group, we could leave the hospital.

As usual, Stefan went to Krystal's side. Now, the two of them needed each other for company, especially for Stefan. Krystal understood his situation the best.

"I was right not to have trusted that Becky..." Krystal hissed. "Something darn wrong about her...well father. She was probably influenced by him."

So that friend of Stefan, 'Becky', seemed to be involved in the current kidnapping cases somehow...

We found a park bench and all seven of us sat down and discussed what we knew. We could not just infiltrate the building without planning. It was hard doing the whole mission with the Apink members back then. Now it would be a challenge with other groups joining in the fight.