Chapter 1: You Know Her?! (Stefan & Jinyoung POV)

A/N: The time is sometime after Hayoung's birthday.

~ ~ ~

(Stefan POV)

After only a couple of weeks together, that new kid, Jinyoung, and I were pretty close at SM. To be real honest, we didn't share many interests, but the very fact we have a common interest in Kpop means that we are rather close now.

But it was really hard to tell him that Tiffany was my sister. Well, I did not want that fact to ruin our friendship. I did not want him, and the rest of SM Rookies, to think that I earned a place because of that. It really was not the case. I had a passion for singing and dancing, and I just wanted to pursue that. Sure, there were a few times I almost revealed my relationship to Tiffany, but I could quickly cover it up.

That said, I noticed that Jinyoung also behaved quite similarly whenever the topic of siblings was brought up. Don't tell me he's hiding something from me... Never mind, I'll understand if he has to hide anything from us.

"Jinyoung ah! Over here!" I called him. We were having lunch at the cafeteria together after our practice sessions were done. It's been something we do regularly these days. Most of the time we just discuss about SM stuff and our trainning sessions. Only on rare occasions do we bring up our personal lives.

Today was one of those rare days.

"Miyang ah," he asked. "You've been in SM for a while yeah? So you must know the artists here very well?"

"Ne," I nodded. "I wouldn't say I'm close with them though."

"Really?" he asked. "That's not what I have been hearing though..."

What? Did someone see me hanging out too often with one of the groups, particularly F(x)?

"Apparently, you know Seulgi from Red Velvet? She told me you have been tagging along with them a lot, particularly during their Red Light promotions," Jinyoung revealed.

Ah...that's true though. I really was concerned for them especially after SM decided to end the 'Red Light' promotions. Sulli not feeling well was one of the reasons, but also because some of our fellow rookies (who now form the new group Red Velvet) were debuting. I kept visiting F(x) to provide some moral support and all, but also to see my girlfriend, Krystal. Oh yeah, that was also not known to the rookies.

"Well, I am quite close to them, I admit. They are one of the few groups who I chat with more often than the others," I admitted some details.

"I'm jealous you know..." Jinyoung complained. "Because I'm newer here, I have yet to meet any of the trending SM idols. I want to meet SNSD for once!"

RIght Stefan, tread carefully about this topic.

"Well, I also have met SNSD often...I could let you tag along someday," I told Jinyoung.

Damn, cue expected question...

"How do you know SNSD so well?!" he questioned.

"That I'll save when we next meet them~" I patted Jinyoung's shoulder.

After a while, we were browsing through our phones when I realised something...

You see, even though I was in SM, I still follow up on a lot of other Kpop groups' songs, performances and appearances on variety shows and dramas. Two of my favourite groups were Apink and SKarf. I first got to know of Apink when I followed my Singaporean friends to their concert in 2013. I fell in love with their innocent image and cute perks. Skarf was a recent favourite, because it turned out they had two Singaporean members. It was thanks to Yoonhee (Yoona's dongsaeng), who was good friends with our same-aged friend, Jooyoung (Jenny), that I knew about Skarf.