Chapter 14: What We Don't Know (Stefan & Nate POV)

 ~ ~ ~

(Stefan POV)

The past few days were just filled with a feeling of emptiness. The dots were slowly being connected, but that still did not help much at the moment.

After all this while of not realizing at all, now the possibility that Nate was actually so close to his long-lost sister was becoming a certainty. I mean, after Jinyoung had mentioned, if our sisters were in danger, if Tasha's safety was also in jeopardy, it only seems to confirm our suspicions.

But I had to put that aside. Tiffany was missing. Darn right I was agitated and concerned all week. The stress and grief was already taking its toll on my mental health.

Today though, I got in touch with Jinyoung again informing me that we needed to be at the hospital.

"Nate will be there," he explained. "And Tasha's Singaporean friend and former SKarf member, Ferlyn, too."

I knew the reason why. Around the time of Tasha's disappearance, I happened to read a report about SKarf's JooA being admitted to hospital as she was a victim of a shootout at her agency building. The latest update stated that she was still in a state of trauma. Fortunately, the bullet only hit her left upper arm...

Left...upper...arm.

I brushed my fingers on that spot again. Even though the physical pain was long gone, the emotional pain hurt more. But I did not need to question further, because I knew that kidnapper, Tan, had shot Tiffany in the upper arm too. I still held a grudge over that.

Eventually, I arrived at the hospital. Krys, who originally said she would come along, was now unable to turn up due to her schedule. My own schedules with SM Rookies had temporarily halted since I needed to find Tiffany more than ever.

I met Nate at the entrance and he escorted me to the ward that JooA was in. It took all my willpower to force myself not to blurt out what I knew to him.

"Stefan..." he nudged me while pointing to his right. "It's this way...?"

"Ah right. Sorry..." I scratched my head embarrassed at my own actions.

Entering the ward, I saw Jinyoung standing solemnly at the corner. Ferlyn was standing by JooA's bedside and despite the dimly-lit room, her red eyes suggested that she was bawling earlier as she came face to face with her former member's condition.

"Stay strong JooA. Don't get frightened like this. I'm getting worried myself if you carry on..." Ferlyn sobbed.

I had never seen this side of SKarf on TV, much less when they were right in front of me. It was true I had wanted to meet Ferlyn, but this was certainly not a good time for a celebratory atmosphere.

"Stefan, you came," Jinyoung spoke turning everyone's attention to me.

"Hi...annyeonghaseyo..." I greeted in a low-key tone.

"T-t-thank y-y-you for c-c-coming..." JooA tried to smile but was clearly still overwhelmed by fear. I noticed her arm had a sling bandage wrapped around it.The bullet must have gone in quite deep it seemed...

"She's finding it difficult to tell us what happened," Jinyoung continued.

Understandably, the shock had brought SKarf's oldest member down to her knees. But we needed to at least get an idea of who kidnapped Tasha (if she was even kidnapped in the first place). Besides, the very fact that JooA was the last person with Tasha indicated she knew who the captor was.