Chapter 20: Watch Out! (Jinyoung, Tiffany & Stefan POV)

~ ~ ~

(Jinyoung POV)

Nate's words were ringing in my head for a good thirty seconds. Even as we ran through the underground maze, with only torchlights to guide our way, I could not speak.

My life was in serious danger. Obviously I knew that given that we were dealing with a notorious fugitive (who could cover her tracks mind you), but how could I be much closer to that danger than I initially thought? Either way, whatever Madam K was planning...it was not going to be pleasant.

And I knew, without doubt, either Tasha or Tiffany had something to do with that.

Well, Nate, I presumed, already knew because he would most likely have seen and heard it all through the CCTV (yes, I told him where it was). But I could not just relay my thoughts to Stefan just like that; he'll get a mental breakdown for sure.

"Jinyoung!" Stefan got my attention at that moment. "Are we reaching soon?!"

"Ah?" I perked up. "A-a-ani. We still have some more tunnel to cover."

He looked at me weirdly, but soon it seemed like he brushed off any suspicions about me as he then tried to make contact with Nate. That was fortunate...I suppose...

Our stamina was now put to the test. Even though we were able to keep up with each other for some time, eventually Stefan began to lag behind. I slowed down to give him moral support while I gave Ferlyn directions. Surprisingly, she was maintaining her pace well. Tough girl.

At last, the critical point came into view: the fork in the road; where paths led to either Madam K's office, or one of the myriad of depressing prison cells in the building.

"What's certain," I told Stefan and Ferlyn as we stopped to rest at the fork, "they are not in the prisons down there."

"But we are NOT taking chances Jinyoung!" Stefan was consumed with worry and concern. "Who knows where Mrs Tan...or Madam K whoever she really is...would have put my sister in?! Anywhere! She could be anywhere!"

"Calm down Stefan..." Ferlyn interrupted him. "We know that Tiffany's down here. But we should focus on getting rid of Madam K first before finding Tiffany."

I guess it was already accepted, in Stefan's mind, that his kidnapper and my 'supposed' kidnapper were the same. You see, I really bet the Madam K. I thought I killed back then...was a fake. How? I would find out sooner or later.

"Anyway," I brought them back to reality, "bigger problems, Nate's probably been discovered by one of the guards or perhaps Madam K. hereself... We've got to hurry."

They nodded and right away, we were charging upwards...towards Madam K's office.

"What if..." Stefan suddenly asked, "Becky's the one who found Nate? I don't really know what she can do, so I'm of no help when it comes to dealing with her."

"Well, if she dares touch Nate," Ferlyn jumped in, "I'll knock the living daylights out of that girl!"

Huh? Why did I feel like there was an awkward tone in her voice? Hogsi...something was going on between the two of them? Ferlyn and Nate?!

Shut up Jinyoung...no time for fun and games...

Through my intuition, I sensed that we were closing in on the window that separated the tunnel from the office. I slowed down and quietened my footsteps, and Ferlyn and Stefan followed suit.

Naturally, after my last visit with Hayoung and the other Apink members, I was expecting a change to that entrance. Perhaps a small upgrade from the glass window...like it being double-glazed?