38.

Emmett's POV
Daddy can I gos to work with you Aria mumbled as we ate pancakes at the table.
"Hm petal why"
"Miss you"
"I miss you to petal"
"So go to works with daddy"
"How about daddy stays home today and we have fun okay"
"Okay daddy"I smiled down at her and wiped her face as I heard Josephine get up and start moving around.
Good morning flower I murmured and she smiled weakly at me.
Is it she whispered and she climbed on my lap resting her head on my shoulder.I kissed her hair and Aria giggled at Josephine.
"Momma that's my daddy"
"I know petal momma just wants daddy to hold her for a little bit"
"Momma still sicky"
"Yes petal momma is still sicky"
Momma daddy said he going to stay home and work here so he can play with me"
"Hm he is"Aria nodded excitedly and I helped her onto Josephine's lap.
I love you baby I whispered and Josephine smiled.
I love you too she whispered and I squeezed her gently my hand resting gently on her stomach.Josephine ate breakfast while I dressed Aria.
"Daddy I want to wear this please"
"Okay petal arms up"She giggled and I smiled down at her as i straightened her top and she sat on my lap as I pulled her pants on.

"Daddy I want to wear this please""Okay petal arms up"She giggled and I smiled down at her as i straightened her top and she sat on my lap as I pulled her pants on

"Thankies daddy"
"Your welcome petal"I combed her hair and tied it up in a ponytail to keep it out of her face and helped her brush her teeth.She played once she was ready for the day and I walked downstairs to see Josephine scrolling through her phone.
"How'd you sleep"
Just peachy she murmured and I shot her a sheepish look.
It's not your fault Em she whispered kissing my bicep and I squeezed her butt gently.
"Well it is partly my fault that baby is half mine"
"Yes the baby is half yours but half mine as well"Her phone pinged and she smiled.
Our baby is the size of a lime she giggled and I kissed her nose.
That's great baby I murmured and she wrapped her arms around my neck and I boosted her onto the counter top and she moaned softly as I wrapped her right leg around my waist my hand gliding up slowly.
Emmett Stone a voice scolded and I pulled away from Josephine to see my mom.
Good morning mamí I rasped and I helped Josephine down gently.
"Good morning Camilla"
"Good morning how are you feeling honey"
"I've been better but good"
"I was wondering if you guys wanted to come to dinner tonight your brother has exciting news"
"Of course we will be there what time"
"6 sharp and bring my granddaughter"
"Mamí we wouldn't leave the house without her"
"I'd certainly hope not where is my little angel"
"I'll go get her"
"Petal Abuela is here"Aria cane in running for my moms arms with a big grin.
"There she is oh look how cute you look my angel"
"Hi Abuela"
"Hi angel were you playing"
"Yes I'm making pretty pictures"
"Oh can I see them"
"Yes please"I walked upstairs and changed my clothes to see Josephine already losing the battle with breakfast.I heard the shower water start and shut our bedroom door.
**
"Daddy can momma tuck me in for nap time"
"Yes petal momma is in her bed why don't you go crawl in with her"
"Okay daddy"I followed her with her blanket and she snuggled into Josephine who stirred but stayed asleep.I closed the door quietly and walked into my office.Since I was working from home I usually did them over the phone instead of video conference or in person.
**
Josephine's POV
I woke up to Aria's face smushed into my cleavage.I rubbed my eyes gently and heard Emmett talking.I ran my fingers through Aria's ponytail gently and she pressed her hand into my throat.I untangled her gently and she rolled over onto her back.I used the bathroom and combed my hair before walking downstairs to see Emmett at the table with Aidan.
Hey how was your nap he murmured and I smiled softly.
"It was nice thank you"
"Your welcome baby girl..Aria still sleeping"
"Yes for now..Hi Aidan"
"Hello Josephine"
"Sorry if I intruded on the conversation"I got Aria's snack ready and sneaked a couple apple slices for myself.I sat on our sectional and soon enough heard their quiet voices talk again.I ignored them knowing it was none of my business.I heard the front door open and close and I flipped through channels on the tv as Emmett came in the room.He pulled me over to his lap and I rested my head on his shoulder as I settled on a cooking show.
Everything okay I whispered and he stayed quiet.I stayed quiet knowing better than to pester him.His hand slid up my T-shirt and cupped my bump before rubbing softly.
I love you he whispered.
"I love you too Em very much"
"We should get ready soon it's already four"
"I was just going to wear this"
"That's fine baby then just let me hold you"
"Okay"I heard Aria come down the steps and she climbed on the couch next to us rubbing her eyes.She snuggled into Emmett's other arm and I studied Emmett's facial features.He gave nothing away no panic in his expression.
Juice Aria whined.
I'll get it I whispered and walked into the kitchen and grabbed Aria her silly cup and her snack bowl.
**
"Honey are you alright you've barely touched your food"
Something is bothering Emmett I murmured as we washed dishes.
"I'm sure he'll tell you honey I've never seen him keep something from you"
"I've never seen him so distant Camilla"
"Yes he is very much like his father when it comes to that"
"I don't see Juan as that type"
"I don't either but Emmett is doing the same thing Juan does"
"I'm trying to be patient but when he doesn't tell me these things it makes me nervous"
"You have nothing to worry about because if you did..he wouldn't of let you and Aria out of the house tonight"
"I suppose"
"Momma can I have more juice please"
"Of course petal"I filled her sippy cup and I seen Emmett sipping on his patron glass with his dad.I picked up Aria and his eyes met mine as he threw back his drink and walked over to me.
Are you alright he murmured.
I'm fine I whispered and he kissed my forehead.
"Daddy we go home please"
"Almost petal Uncle Diego has some news and then we can go home"
"Okay daddy"
**
How are you feeling I whispered as I let Emmett comb my hair.
I'm good baby girl why do you seem so nervous today he murmured as he started braiding my hair.
Just asking you just seem off I whispered as he tipped my head back.He stayed quiet and continued braiding.I sighed and stayed quiet.
Never mind I was trying to be patient I murmured as he secured my braid with a ponytail holder.I climbed into our bed and covered myself up.
"Baby girl don't be upset"
"I'm not upset Em I'm scared that something will happen to you"
"Nothing is going to happen to me baby girl I promise"
"Is it something that I can't know about"
"No baby girl I wouldn't never hide something from you"
"Is it about Aidan?"
"Somewhat do you remember how we signed over the club to Aidan"
"Yes why"
"He's losing the club"
"What"
"He's lost three girls already"
"Okay"
"He asked me to take over again at least til he's back on his feet"
"What"
"Yeah baby girl..what do you think"
"I don't know I thought we agreed no more club..We have a child and one on the way"
"It's just temporary baby girl"
"You do what you need to do Emmett"
"Baby"
"No do what you need to do that's all I'm going to say your a grown man you can do what you want"
**
I sat in the kitchen with my hot tea sipping slowly as Aria nursed in my arms.She was getting her last molar so sleep wasn't an option for her.I kissed her hair gently and she rubbed her eyes.
I know petal I'm sorry I whispered.
"Are you alright baby girl"
"We are okay.Aria's teething meds just wore off and I couldn't sleep"He sat next to me and rubbed my legs.
Sorry if I made you nervous I whispered.
"It's okay baby girl it's not your fault"
"Do you want me to take her"
"Yeah if you want too"
"Of course I do"He cradled Aria and she stayed asleep as he stood.
"I'll go tuck her in"
"Okay"I cleaned out my cup and put it in the dishwasher before going back upstairs.
"I love you baby girl"
"I love you too Em..goodnight"
"Goodnight"