Chapter One

"Fucking piece of shit!"I grumbled as I slammed my hand against the annoying device on my bedside table.

The most annoying thing ever created were alarm clocks but that's what made them effective enough.

I tossed the duvet off my body swinging my legs from the bed allowing the cold floor to jolt me awake. I rubbed my eyes to clear the fog around them before I reached for a cigarette from the packet on my bedside table and lit it. After the first drag I felt good enough to face any challenge that day. I knew smoking was bad for me but I ain't gonna start explaining how a nineteen year old university student loved the vice. And besides my life was my own and so I was gonna live it however I pleased.

After smoking the cigarette to the filter I tossed it aside, grabbed my towel and headed into the bathroom. I stripped off my make shift pajamas of short shorts and a flimsy tank top staring at myself on the full length mirror. My big brown eyes stared back at me with a haunted look. I looked like I hadn't slept in days but it was just one of those days. My light skin tone shone in the morning light streaming through the window. My dark curly hair was currently in blonde braids that reached above waist. I should have been cute considering my 5'3 frame but then not everything that glitters is gold. God had blessed me with a chubby body or to be more blunt, I was fat.

My best friend Hailee would kill me if she heard me say that because according to her I was just over blessed in all the right places. But Hailee wouldn't know what I was dealing with considering she had a slim build with a petite to die for figure. I wouldn't tell her that either though, her ego was already big enough but I also loved every bit of her.

To sum it up I had a ginormous ass and hips to match. The one thing I was grateful for was my flat stomach and size thirty eight perky breasts which were the perfect size, I didn't need another heavy burden to carry around. Don't get me wrong though I did not hate my body. I just wished for a smaller size sometimes, but who doesn't right?

I got into the shower and spent the next twenty minutes scrubbing, scratching and shaving. After I was done I turned off the shower wrapping a towel around myself. I walked over to the sink to brush my teeth and properly wash my face.

That didn't take long so I made my way back to the bedroom to get dressed for the day. After pulling on my underwear I decided on high waisted blue jeans and a white cropped top. To complete the look I paired it with white sneakers and left my braids to fall over my back freely.

I looked at the time and noticed I had thirty minutes to get to class which wasn't much considering I lived on the other side of campus at Aiden City hostels. I lived alone which I absolutely loved as I got to be my crazy self in my own space. The one person I'd have been able to live with was Hailee but she had a boyfriend and they lived together more often than not. I had no desire to be a third wheel.

I grabbed my keys, two muffins to substitute for breakfast and my bag before I left my house locking the door behind me. I was forced to take a motorcycle bodaboda to class because of the distance. I didn't want to take that whole walk alone.

***

I kept tapping my feet impatiently in class resisting the urge to chew my nails because I was experimenting with some acrylics and they looked too good to destroy. A few of my classmates had already arrived making noise as usual before the class started but the one I want to see wasn't there yet. I couldn't even judge them for the noise seeing as we were all pursuing Drama and Theatre studies at Maseno University, the only university in the equator in our third year. So yeah we were professional noise makers.

I already felt hungry again. Those two muffins went straight through me which was bad since I had to wait for four hours till I could get to eat again. We had two lectures, two hours each back to back.