Twenty-four

Hi there! Back with the 24th OS. Hope you like it!

Scene created / Idea credit : SweetyJaanu5

I couldn't think an awesome one on this exact idea, so made some changes buddy

I couldn't think an awesome one on this exact idea, so made some changes buddy. Hope you won't mind. ❤

Moving on...💃💃💃

"Words in double quotes." - Talking.

'Words in single quotes.' - Thoughts

Timeline : After Laksh and Ragini's marriage.

Her Secret

Laksh woke up to the sound of Ragini's soft singing in the middle of the night. He smiled as he watched her face in the moonlight as she sat on the window sill. There was something ethereal about how beautiful she looked.

However, Laksh noticed that she looked...sad. 'What could have happened? I think I know a place where I can hide the body if I need to go on a murder sprint because of whoever upset my wife. How dare they!? Just how jkugtffghnhjdbwhdhwhjk HOW!?' he was broken out of his thoughts by her words.

"When will I finally be able to hold mine and Laksh's son in our arms? When will I be able to sing our child lullabies?"

Laksh gasped, quickly putting his hand over his mouth making sure Ragini doesn't hear.

To say he was shocked would be an understatement. He never knew she wanted a child. Why did she never tell him?

"I wish I can hold my own child...our child in my arms."

Laksh abruptly closed his eyes when he saw her turn her head. He heard some shuffling and the sound of footsteps getting closer.

"But I won't ask any of those things from you Laksh. I...I won't. I'll pretend I'm okay and I shall wait till you are ready."

He heard her stiffled sniff.

All Laksh wanted to do was open his eyes and pull her into a hug. She was only a grasp away. And yet...yet, he feared she would close up entirely if he revealed that he heard everything.

"I'm sorry for hiding my wish from you Laksh. But...but..." Ragini sucked in a deep breath.

Laksh heard footsteps and then, the click of the washroom door. It was only then did he open his eyes to stare at the closed door. 'You've been hiding such a big truth from me Ragini? Why?! You said you were happy. You said you didn't want a child now. Then why lie? Is it...is it because you still do not trust me fully?'

Laksh felt his past guilt arise and gnaw at his heart. His ignorance of Ragini, his betrayal by marrying Kavya and betraying Ragini's trust. Laksh didn't blame Ragini if this was why she didn't trust him to be able to raise a family yet. She might still be insecure he might leave her.