Twenty-eight

Hey Guys! 

Soooo... fic is the last chapter of my story You are My Sunshine, but it can be read individually as an one-shot, so I'm publishing it as an one-shot too I guess.

And let's assume the Maheshwaris are Christian.

Anywaysss.....Onwards!!! 💃💃💃

"Words in double quotes" - Talking

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

Chapter 8 - To Let You Go...

6 months...... Its been 6 months since the accident happened.

*flashback*

#In the Ambulance#

"Laksh, d-don't-t worry o-ok? Its..it's going to be alright" Ragini spoke as she sat beside Laksh inside the ambulance. Sanskar wanted to get into the ambulance, but the medics wouldn't allow more than one member. Sanskar and Swara were coming in their car behind the ambulance.

Suddenly, Laksh opened his eyes.

"Laksh! Laksh, I'm right here"

Laksh slowly turned to Ragini. He moved his hand with great pain and wiped Ragini's tears.

"Ra-Ragi-ini...Promi-s-se me some-e-thing" he spoke softly with great effort.

"Don't speak Laksh. You'll just make your condition worse. Please rest"

"Ragini pl-lease...Prom-mise me"

"I do! I would promise you anything!"

"T-th-e-en prom-m-mise me you....you'll be o-okay. You....you will l-live a hap-py life"

"Laksh, why are you talking like this! Nothing happen to you. Laksh, don't give up please!" Ragini cried out.

Laksh closed his eyes in pain. He opened them again and gripped Ragini's hand with all the strength he had "Promise Me Ragini" He looked right into her eyes.

Ragini was speechless. His eyes had so many emotions...love, worry, sadness, ...acceptance?

"Ragini..."

"I...I do Laksh! I do. Please rest Laksh"

Laksh smiled at her "I love you Ragini"

"I love you too Laksh. You need to promise me to get better and come back to me okay."

Laksh nodded and closed his eyes. His hand left Ragini's.

#Hospital, after Operation#

"Doctor! Doctor...How is my brother. He...is he ok?"

Swara and Ragini were standing right behind Sanskar. They were waiting eagerly for any news on Laksh's condition. Shekhar had to go with Manish as he was required in the police station in the matters concerning Purab.

"Doctor please. Tell us. Will he be ok? W-we can talk to him now, right?" Ragini asked hopefully.

"He is out of danger-"

Before the doctor could say something more, Sanskar hugged him "Thank you, thank you so much! You saved my brother"

"Mr. Mah-" the doctor was about to speak, but Sanskar turned to Swara.

"Swara! Ragini, did you hear? Lucky is fine. I told you nothing would happen to him!"

Ragini could barely hold her tears of happiness.