Chapter 34

******************

General pov....

They were having breakfast when the door bell ranged, jolting both of them out of their thoughts. Almost done with their breakfast, Hayden offered to go and check outside and asked her to finish her food as Martha had retired to her room for a nap. But before he could leave the room, Veronica came  barging in the room with Sean following behind with pleading eyes. Everybody froze for a minute seeing each other. Hayden was the first one to recover and
asked frustrated "What are you doing here Veronica?" In addition to giving a cold glare to Sean asking what he was doing with her at his place.
Veronica screeched recovering fast on seeing Elena in his room "What the hell Hayden? You are cheating on me with this bitch?.. and you" she yelled pointing her finger to Elena "don't you have shame sitting here like this in a guy's room who is going to marry soon"
Elena's eyes welled up, even if her love for Hayden was pure, Veronica was right, she did a mistake when she didn't even know the future of their relationship.
Hayden gave icy glare to Veronica saying "don't" when she didn't budge and was about to speak more so he grabbed her from elbow and took her outside his room to give Elena time to recover and throw her out from his house and soon Sean followed him without uttering a word sensing his brother's mood.
"What? Where are you taking me? I am not going anywhere. By the way she's our wedding planner yeah? How could you? You cheater.." she continued her one sided screaming match without listening to him. Her future planning had gone down the drain.
"Veronica.. just.. get.. out.." he spit words harshly. He sighed loudly, calmed himself down and this time spoke to her politely yet with an edge to his voice "Just go, I will explain all this later"
"I am going to tell dad, just you wait and watch" saying she stomped out..
Elsewhere after Hayden took Veronica out Elena got dressed in her dress from previous night and controlled her tears. She quickly slipped out of his room and was going to get out of his house too avoiding both of them standing there thinking when Hayden sensed her and asked her to 'stop'

She doesn't stop and mumbled "I need to go home" so lowly that if Hayden and Sean were not focused on listening to her, they would have missed it. "No" he said and run to stop her. Catching up with her he hugged her. He knew she was hurt and trying to be brave. Being so kind and generous she would have surely taken Veronica's word to her heart and would be blaming herself for sure, he on the other hand was a bit on obnoxious side. He hugged her so tight that all the pent up tears came rolling down her cheeks and she too hugged him tightly. "I am so sorry" Hayden said to her, Sean who was awkwardly standing there till now has his eyes widened to the size of saucers, his brother was saying sorry to someone, he was surely whipped - he thought to himself with a smirk playing on his lips which Hayden noticed and also knew the reason so he glared at him icily to avoid the inevitable tease.
"Come here" he made her sit on the couch with him and held her to his chest to calm her down..
"You ok?.. hm??.." he asked after some time yo which she nodded her head vigorously  looking like a cute bunny with red nose which made him smile. "What?" Snapped Elena thinking she was crying and here he was smiling like a lunatic in that situation..
"Nothing" said Hayden pressing his lips into thin line trying hard not to smile to which seeing the scene Sean burst into laughter. Elena now shifted her glare from Hayden to Sean. To which he abruptly stopped with a sheepish shrug. Hayden internally snorted but pressed his lips into thin line so as to not offend her.
"I want to go home, bie" said Elena standing abruptly. "What? No.. I mean wait.. why?" He asked to which Elena shrugged and said that she's not feeling well. Hayden knowing well she would not listen to what he has to say now, agreed and said "only on one condition I will drop you off"
"No there's no need.." to which he cut her off in mid saying " its either this or you are not going home"
Elena sighed and reluctantly agreed..
Hayden asked Sean to not go home as he had something to discuss with him.
He drove her off to her apartment. Elena didn't turn to him the whole ride, just kept looking outside through window. He knew she was feeling guilty and taking Veronica's words seriously. They soon reached her apartment and she was immediately ready to get out but Hayden stopped her by holding her elbow. She turned to him with questioning eyes. He asked her "can I get one kiss atleast?"
If Elena wouldn't have been in her mood she would have definitely awed at him for asking kiss like a kid for a candy. She moved forward and pecked him softly and lovingly on his lips to which he hold her tightly against her and turned her peck into full blown soft yet passionate kiss. Parting, he spoke " Don't worry and don't take her words seriously, its not your fault, I was not happy with her. It was going to be just a marriage of convenience which I am going to sort out now. Don't feel guilty. You give me happiness, your company, your being with me brings me the joy, so don't think anything but that I Love You.. ok?"
"Yeah.. I Love You too Hayden" she said softly and sat back quietly on the seat for sometime absorbing in everything.
"I was only ten....." Hayden started which drew her attention because it was not everyday he spoke of his past or childhood often. She knew something was coming up, so she listened quietly without moving to not break his tranc and make him take back his decision of sharing his side of the story.
"When I realised my family was drifting apart. Sean was very small back then. Martha was caretaker at McCarthy mansion at that time and I could just realise there was something wrong between my parents. They would either be out of the house or fighting with each other daily. I would cry daily for my parents who used to pamper him, love him very much. Fortunately Martha was someone whom we were acquainted with and could rely on and she didn't disappoint. She would take care of me and I would take care of my little brother - my Sean. It was getting out of hands daily when my mother and fa..father starting fighting and shouting at each other without bothering about if their sons were listening and getting affected. It was few days later I heard Martha talking to some maid there who was very loyal to my mother - that my father had cheated once on my mother some days back and she somehow got to know. They had a love marriage. They were so much in love and before that we were really living a dream life. My father tried to apologise to my mother, tried to appease her with so many ways but she didn't budged. My father then thinking maybe she wanted an out, proposed divorce with a heavy heart so that she could be at peace but she refused for the divorce too. She was hurting but she didn't want to let go of him so they continued to suffer by constantly fighting and taunting each other.  Gradually They spoke less with each other and became distant with each other as well as their children. Me and Sean were left on our own. Thank God for Martha otherwise I would have practically no emotional support. I was bullied in school because my parents were never there for meetings, events and functions at schools. One day I backtalked and punched my classmate and my teacher called my parents. There were still no signs of them as we waited. Eventually Martha came and sorted out the matter claiming to be my guardian. From that day I swore off to showing my emotions and making a fool out of myself." He blinked back the moisture in his eyes and avoided looking straight in her eyes. She hugged him tightly "Its okay, sometimes its good to let go for ourselves and its not like they are doing it purposely. They both are hurting. I think you should let the past go and try to be happy even if they are not a part of your happiness. If they want to, whenever that is, you should think through it and make the decision then but for now let the hurt go for your sake, for your peace"
He hummed and left her to get out of the car and drove back
Hayden reached his condo back after dropping Elena off and when he saw living room empty he shouted loud and called Sean and Martha again and again. They both came in the living room immediately asking what had happened..
"Who opened the door for Veronica knowing Elena is inside? Martha?" He asked somewhat softly to Martha but still angry
"Yes sir, but I opened for Sean" she called him sir knowing he was angry even if he doesn't asked her her to do so ever. She sleepily opened the door for Sean, watching Sean through the camera unaware of Veronica following him.
"Then how come Veronica was inside the house Sean?" He asked glaring at his brother.
"Listen to me bro, I was just coming to meet you and I don't know how but when I was ringing the bell she came at the same time and when Martha opened the door, she dashed forward leaving me behind not giving me or Martha a chance to speak or say anything.. I am sorry but how do I there was scene going on here" he said changing from serious to playful wiggling his eyebrows.
"Shut up, Sean nothing was going on here and now Elena is upset" he sighed and sat on the couch thinking
'I Have To Fix It For Once And All'
Starting today.....

*********"
Guys I am really really sorry for a very late update. But next will be in a week. Don't worry and enjoy. Don't forget to vote and comment...