chapter 31

Guys do vote and comment...
Thank you...

*****************

General pov...

On reaching his condominium, Sean helped Hayden settle inside his bedroom, informing Martha About his condition..
"Sean, give me my phone" Hayden asked him in urgency remembering his phone is still with his brother. "Why?" He said with a smirk seeing his brother restless. "Sean, I need to call Elena, not now" he said with a cold glare. He knew she will be worried and would attend the wedding with a frown on her face till the time, he called her.
"Okay fine, no need to get grumpy" he said raising his hands in surrender, handing him his phone.
Hayden called Elena. She picked up on second ring. Realising this, he smiled his bright smile.
"Hello, Hayden" comes Elena's soft voice from other end.
"Hey, I just called to tell you I am resting in my house, so just relax and concentrate on your work." He said equally softly and lowly because Sean was standing there with  teasing glint in his eyes.
"You sure, you are okay?" She again asked worryingly.
Hayden was sure she was frowning right now heeding no attention to her work.
"Very sure" he replied firmly..
"Okay, bie" she said hanging up without listening reply this time.
Once assured Elena got busy assisting her crew by assigning them their duties for packup. Later she reached her apartment, searching for Alya and Noel, who were nowhere to found. She decided to help herself with dinner. Reaching kitchen, she found a sticky note indicating her sister and niece were going out. She had her dinner, cleaned up the kitchen and settled inside the living room working on some designs. Recieving a mail from Erica, she learnt her schedule of tomorrow which included her next meeting with Hayden regarding the wedding planning. She smiled sadly thinking about Hayden's wedding with other woman. She thought of going herself in his office or home and conducting meeting there rather than he coming and tiring himself after today's accident. Thinking she would talk to him tomorrow first thing, she slept like a baby then and there in the living room unconsciously doing her work.
Next morning, Elena woke up in the living room due to rays of light. She groggily sat up, look around her surroundings and things to sink in, then abruptly stood up searching for her phone, which she found in her room lying on the bed. Picking it up she called Hayden immediately.
"Hello" came sleepy voice..
"So sorry, Hayden, go to sleep, I am so sorry, I called you without seeing time" she explained without a break..
"Elena?" Hayden sat up straight in his bed checking time, it was 7:30 ...
"Are you okay?" He asked rubbing sleep from his eyes with one hand while the other still recovering..
"What? I mean yeah ofcourse, I just called you to ask 'Are YOU okay?' How are your injuries?" She implored.
"Ohh..." Hayden said with a smile on his face, happiness shining in his eyes at her concern.. "yeah, I am okay, it will take time to heal but its paining quite less compared to yesterday"
"Thank God" she murmured lowly in relief but it was still audible to Hayden who was sitting in his bed now supporting ghost of a smile... "Okay, so what about your office?"
"What about it?  Oh I am working from home and Delilah is going to postpone or handle my clients except important ones." He replied to her question...
"Ookay" she exaggerated okay as if thinking something and then said "our meeting regarding the rest of the arrangements for your wedding is today, so what do we do about it?" She asked somewhat in a bitter tone without realising which didn't go unnoticed by Hayden.
He sighed loudly at the mention of his wedding which was not going to happen, but what was the harm in spending time with her, he thought smugly.
"Yeah, about that... Come to my place, we will discuss regarding the meeting here, its important" he said last part thinking about spending more time with Elena while she clearly mistook 'important' as 'the wedding'
"You know the address to my place, right?" He asked to confirm...
"Umm.. no just text me, I will be there at sharp 11" she said distractedly.
"Yeah, okay, bye" he said...
_____

Hayden had his breakfast, inform Martha about Elena's arrival and told her to send her in his office. He approached his contacts regarding the Martins contract and got busy in making calls..
Elena reached Hayden's condominium at time and rang the doorbell.
Martha saw it through camera who was it and opened the door.
"Hie, I am Elena Kingsley, I have a meeting with Hay...  Mr. McCarthy" she said covering her slip up not knowing whether she will like it or not seeing a woman of her mother's age.
"Yes, yes, come on in, Hayden told me about you, I will redirect you to his study, he's probably waiting" Martha said warmly already liking the girl in front of her with decent clothes on and polite nature.
Elena smiled at her in return following her to God knows where she was taking her but she was absorbing as much as she can looking around silently following her. It was neat and clean, not a bit messy indicating a guy's living there. Everything was prim and proper at its place.
Martha knocked on his study which was followed by a faint masculine 'come in' ...
She indicated Elena to go inside and left from there turning back on her heels to the same way she came..
Elena opened the door slowly and entered in carefully, closing it behind her. She was awed at the sight in front of her. Hayden was sitting in his seat busy checking papers with a doctor's bandage still around his head but was still looking adorable rubbing his jaw thinking something, busy in his own world not caring about
his surroundings.
She was smiling at him with soo much love in her eyes that when Hayden realised no one came after knocking, he looked up and didn't miss the loving expressions directed towards him, but she covered it quickly with a normal pleasant smile.
"Hie Hayden" she chirped..
"Hiee" he said already having lift in his mood seeing her. "Come sit"
She reached to sat in chair in front of his desk.
"So, shall we start, Ms. Kingsley?" He asked playfully but started seriously going through the files...
"Yeah?" She said confused which came out as a question rather than an answer..
She opened her notepad with some files and brochures presenting in front of him.
She asked "What would you like in menu?"
"You" Hayden said huskily placing his elbows on the table in front of him bending forward..
"Wh..what?" She said coughing choking on her own spit..
"You okay? Do you need water?" He asked amused..
"No... th...thanks" she said composing herself
Because she was not a homewrecker..
His answer would have been so romantic only if he was not going to get married, only if she was not planning his wedding but sadly its exactly the case..
Taking deep breaths, she looked up and glared at him which he found so cute and asked him " what did you just say Mr. McCarthy?" Narrowing her eyes..
"Nothing, I was just saying YOU..." He paused playfully for a effect and started again when Elena was about to answer him "YOU can decide whatever it is you like, I will be okay with it"
Elena blushed turning away fully aware now he was teasing her...
"Okay, whatever, since its on me, I will do it, next is..."
They continued it for an hour with Hayden's continuous teasings and playful remarks causing Elena to frown, glare some time and blush at other times..
After an hour of meeting, more of a banter between them.. it was over..
They both stood up from their seat, stretching and made their way out..
"Alright, I should go" she said awkwardly after their intense staredown..
"No, wait" he said in a rushed tone not wanting her to leave yet, "its... Its lunch time, so have lunch with me" he said while checking his watch for time...
"No its okay..     "come on, why you being so formal?" He cut her off..
"Come sit" he said holding her hand dragging her away..
Hayden went to the kitchen, he saw Martha was nowhere to be seen and the food was already made so he called out to Elena to wait while he set plates for them..
" No you don't have to do it, just guide me, I will do it, your hand is still recovering" she said pushing him aside starting on her work..
He told her wherebouts of the things needed and sat on the dining table..
Elena quickly warmed up the food, set up two plates for them and put them in front him and herself, sitting on her seat adjacent to Hayden on the head chair...
They chatted, argued, laughed together during their meals..
When Martha came inside to see where the voices were coming from, she was astonished to see Hayden in a full blown laughter..
He was looking so young, carefree and adorable that got tears in her eyes. She had seen him this happy after so much time most probably since childhood..
She came into the view to make her presence known..
Both stopped laughing and talking seeing her standing there. Hayden stood up and introduced "Elena she is Martha, Martha - Elena" he said pointing between them..
Elena gave her a bright smile..
"I know, I have met her" Martha said "you need anything Hayden?" She asked.
"No you can do your work, we are good" he said turning to Elena.
"Ok, I should go now, you take care, don't strain yourself too much" she said turning to leave..
"Yeah come, I will see you off to the door" saying Hayden took her to the main door and stopped her inside. She turned to him with question in her eyes.
Hayden hugged her tight with one hand to which she reciprocated with equal tight hug. They remained in each other's embrace for some time and slowly left each other. Not able to control himself he fastly said bie and turned around clenching his jaw with a scowl on his face. Elena left from there confused at his behaviour.
He entered the living room again and sat down thinking..
"You love her don't you?" Martha's voice startled him. He sighed at her question not turning, not giving answer. Everyone related to him could tell he was in love. Was he being this obvious? When Martha continued staring at him with hopeful eyes. He faced her, giving a small smile, nodded his head..
Martha squealed like a teenager and hugged him in his sitting position pecking his head, she said " I am so happy for you my child"
"Me too Martha, me too" Hayden chuckled smiling thinking of Elena...