Chapter 19

Guyss, silent readers , Although I don't have any problem with it , please comment and vote for the chapters of the story to make it noticeable...
Thank you...
Love ya...

******
General pov..

It has been a week since the meeting of Elena and Hayden at Joey's. Elena was  extra chirpy not thinking too much about the situation for now.
Every time she thought of him, her heartbeat fastened, her all time confidence disappeared like a bubble and she became altogether nervous and giddy at the same time.
Hayden too was peaceful inside when he thought about her and their encounters. He was replaying each and every moment in his mind with a mug of coffee placed near his lower lip for another sip at his home. He knew that he had started liking her company but was in denial thinking maybe not accepting it in loud will avoid problems but life is not all sunshine and rainbows.

Elena knew deep inside her heart that she had started liking Hayden but she was his Wedding planner for God's sake so she tried to escape the reality by not thinking about it and accepting Hayden's friendship if it means she got to see him more often..

Next morning she was sitting in the kitchen on the counter talking to her sister about anything and everything. Aliya was preparing breakfast from them. They spoke to each other about their offices, work, boys and what not when suddenly Aliya spoke "Have you read today's newspaper?"
"No.. why?" Elena replied confused, non chalant.
"Silly, The front page of every newspaper has sizzling news of Hayden McCarthy's wedding with some Veronica Martin.
You know for whom you are planning the wedding" she explained excitedly unaware of the turmoil inside her sister's heart.
Elena felt like her heart stopped. Unintentionally a lone tear made its way to her cheek. She shakily wiped it, turning to the other side before her sister noticed and got up from her seat and started making way to her room quickly.
"What happened Elena? Breakfast? And office?? Where are you going?" Her sister questioned frowning..
"I am not feeling well, I think I have some fever, I am going to rest, inform Erica for me please" she told Aliya with a light voice trying to make it more convincing.
"Sure I will do that, but you have fever? Why didn't you tell? Let me check, oh God, I will take you to the doctor"she told her panicked at her sister's sudden announcement.
"What? No, I mean I will be fine with rest, just some time and I will be fine" she told her and ran towards her room, shutting the door loudly.
Once inside the room, she fell on her knees, back on the door, and sobbed quietly not to make her sister aware of her condition. She has brought it upon herself. She should have maintained more distance and controlled herself more knowing he is going to marry some other woman. Listening and planning to it was different but now when it is coming to reality, she will not able to face him thinking that she...
No no I won't admit it, it will make the pain easier - she thought.
Even when she was not accepting it loudly she knew she has started liking Hayden more than a friend and in no time it will grow into love if she will not maintain distance from him. She has to be strong for herself , thinking this she picked herself up, changed into long comfy t shirt and got into the covers to get some nice beauty sleep to cheer herself..
Hayden was fuming when he saw his picture with Veronica on every front page. This news was scheduled to come out two days later. And now when he exited the building to reach his office, paparazzi swarmed him, throwing questions on him. Michael was waiting with the car at a distance whereas Leo and his team - whom Leo had personally interviewed and hired for emergencies like of today.. was making way for Hayden by cold glare towards media persons and protecting him by circling around him. Hayden was fuming when he reached inside the car. His father, he must have done this, a public attention stunt but a warning could have been better, he should have been prepared for this chaos. He quickly dialled his father's number.
"Hello" the voice said from the other side.
" First of all why is the announcement made two days earlier, and if it had been the case due to any reason, you could have informed me" he spoke through gritted teeth annoyed at the situation. He likes to be in control and his father was meddling for no reason when had already agreed for the marriage for business reasons.
"Oh about that, Veronica was getting insecure, so we had to make it early, what is difference, be it today or two days later, after all it is the news that matter, isn't it" his father spoke calmly ignoring Hayden's rising anger...
Hayden cut the call without speaking further knowing he is doing this to rile him up and he is not going to give him the satisfaction.
He took deep breaths to control himself. Michael and Leo exchanged knowing look but do not said anything. They were checking on him through mirror out of concern.
When they reached the office, he was composed with blank expression but paparazzi was crowding outside his office too. Hayden asked Michael to drop him at the building's back door. Thankfully there was no media, so he quickly rushed out without waiting for Leo or Michael to open his door and walk quickly inside his building. Leo followed him step by step with hard expressions scanning the surroundings.
When he reached inside his office, Veronica was already sitting there waiting for him on his chair with her feet on the working table. His temple nerve was ticking visibly but with cold demeanour he threw her legs on the ground with his hands.. pep talking himself inside to be calm.
"What are you doing here?" He questioned on the verge on losing his calm demeanor.
"What does it looks like baby? I am visiting my fiance simple" she said smugly.
He felt like punching Veronica, he does not hit women, or he would have literally killed her. Bloody self obsessed woman.
"I am not your fiance, we are not engaged yet," he replied her without facing her. Once he got his file he needed from the shelves inside his office, he pulled up Veronica roughly from his seat and sat on it pretending doing his work to get her off his back.
"Come on baby, now we are official, can we go for lunch together, you know me and you.. alone.. to spend some quality time. He snorted inside,  'quality time' and that too with Veronica... these does not go side by side in one sentence. She is one hell of annoying woman, he thought who was blabbering about herself. He tuned her out but she didn't even notice and continued her chatter.
"Stop it" He said standing up with more cold look. She gulped but didn't deter from her place.
"You don't want a repeat of last time or would you, because believe me I have no problem in calling my guards and am sure as hell not scared of your empty daddy threats like last time. Hmm?" He asked with full Hayden attitude.
"Now will you prefer to leave gracefully or should I call security?" He raised his voice slightly this time. She quickly picked up her purse and dashed out of his office making faces.
Hayden threw himself on his chair and massaged his temple. He got up from his seat and called Michael and Leo to meet him at the office backdoor. He knew where he wanted to go, hell he was sure, she will be able to cheer him up but he was hesitant to go for he will get used to her and her comfort - he gets everytime he is with her. But not giving it a much thought for he knew he would change his mind, he reached the backdoor, inspected for the paparazzi and when there were no signs.. he got in the car quickly with Leo in front and Michael driving..
"What happened" Michael asked peeping at him through the mirror..
He was about to lie but Michael was giving looks to him as if daring him to say a lie.
He sighed loudly.
"Veronica happened" he replied shortly.
"Do you want to talk?" Michael asked Concerned about him.
Leo too was subtly eyeing him for answer, sure he was his bodyguard but he too cared for him but his job didn't allow much emotions so he was always quiet..
"No" Hayden replied firmly indicating the end of discussion.
"Then where to, House?" Michael questioned not pressing the matter.
"Um... Actually..... do you know where is Ele... I mean where is Ms. Kingsley's office?"
He asked Micheal awkwardly not facing him. Michael and Leo shared a knowing look for they were happy, if he was happy..
Michael tried to control his smile "you mean Elena, yeah I know her office address,  I know her even apartment address, she is my next door neighbour" he slipped in extra information for Hayden..
Hayden knew what was he doing but was shocked to know they were neighbors, he wanted to ask more but instead said " take me to her office" she will be definitely in her office.. he added in his mind.
When they reached there, Michael told him , he will be waiting outside and Leo followed him. Erica - Elena's assistant was working on her desk when he walked in with authority to her table. When Erica noticed who is standing in front of her, she got excited and showed him a wide smile. He didn't return the smile, he knew she recognised her so without bothering to introduce himself, he asked straight away " Where is Ms. Kingsley's office? I have come to discuss something with her"
Erica's excitement faltered thinking about Elena "sorry sir, she has not come to office today, she was not feeling well and is on full day leave today" she replied.
Hayden turned quickly not bothering to further talk with her. Erica called him loudly asking him to tell her about his purpose of visit, so that she will inform Elena but he told her he will sort it out himself with her. He returned to his car.

Leo opened the door for him. His face fell thinking he wasn't able to meet her but he tried to mask his disappointment in front of Michael and Leo by maintaining straight face. Leo informed Michael about the happenings inside the office knowing well Hayden is not listening because he is too busy thinking and is frowning absentmindedly. When the car came to a sudden halt breaking his reverie of thoughts , he noticed his surroundings, confused as to why Michael had parked outside Michael's apartment building instead of his office , he was about to ask when he realised What was Michael trying to do..
"What.." he was about to speak when Michael cut him in between "Go, right next to my apartment is her's" he told him..
Hayden was hesitating and contemplating whether to go or not, is it appropriate of him to go like this and will his walls come crumbling down if he continued letting her take a small place in his heart..
Michael laughed loudly saying " you are thinking too loud, there is nothing wrong in chasing happiness, you have to let go of your fears of getting hurt and have to take risks for your peace of mind" He added a bit seriously at the end.
After thinking for some time Hayden said " okay, but what will I say? Why am I at her doorstep all of a sudden?" He questioned uneasily to Michael finding it difficult for him to talk about his feelings to anyone.
"Its not all of a sudden , you have become friends at last meeting. Remember? Just tell her you had gone to her office to discuss something but came here to ask for her health knowing she is not feeling well" Michael explained trying to make it easy for him.
He nodded slowly taking the information in, smiled a bit at Leo and Michael saying thank you and came out of his car to go to her apartment....