chapter 28

Guys suprise, early update..
Enjoy but do not forget to vote, comment and share, it helps the story in getting acknowledged...
Thank you
Love ya...

General pov...

When they were done, Hayden asked Michael to take them to her office. On their way, both were busy on their phones doing some business but Hayden didn't let go of her hand. It was when car halted to a stop that they both stepped out. "Bye" Elena softly whispered with a bright smile which Hayden has come to love, which lifted his spirit without trying much and brought light in his otherwise mundane life.
"Bye, see you later" he too whispered lowly kissing her on the side of her head lightly in a possessive stance. Suddenly a voice screeched
"Ellie" Elena turned around and a big smile was adoring her lips seeing her niece Noel. "Noel" she said bending down to take her into her arms. Noel tightly hugged her aunt. Behind her Alya was standing smiling. "How is my baby?" Elena asked her basking in her baby's scent. "Good, she was missing you so took her out to spend some quality time with you, nowadays we don't get enough time" he sister replied. "Good, very good, we are gonna enjoy" she said again to Noel in a baby voice exaggerating the word enjoy making Noel giggled loudly.
A throat clearing snapped them from their conversation. Elena stood up with Noel in his arms. Hayden was standing there with blank expression in front of them. She quickly apologized and introduced them "Hayden this is Alya - my sister, and Alya this is Hayden McCarthy - a friend , I am planning wedding of" she said with a forced smile. Alya raised her brows at her - first name basis and friends with them and now forced smile. Something was up, she had missed something. "Hie" Alya shook hands with Hayden trying to analyse the situation. Hayden gave a appreciate nod before shaking hands. "And this is Noel, my niece, say hello baby" Elena said to Noel. "Hello" Noel waved in a screechy baby voice. Hayden give her a small smile and turned to Elena.
"Bye" he lowly said due to their company, touching her cheek for mere some seconds. She blushed, seeing her sister was here, but he was still touching her.
"Bie" she whispered and Hayden turned and left from there leaving three of them standing there for quite a time. "Lets go up in your office and have some pending chat, I was having a day off" she said turning, knowing Elena would follow with Noel in her arms. They got to her office in no time. She ordered Erica to order two coffees and a soft drink for Noel. Alya asked Noel to play outside but not to disturb anybody. Being a good girl, she left them alone. "So how's work?" Elena asked. When Alya kept staring at her she shrugged"What?" She asked not meeting her eyes purposefully arranging already arranged files. Alya held it in her hands and spoke" If I am not wrong, he was 'The Hayden McCarthy' isn't it?"
"Yeah so?" She said again shrugging to show as if its nothing but she knew her sister would figure it out. "Nothing, just I don't get it.. a wedding planner giving forced smiles in the name of their client's wedding" Alya said narrowing her eyes. "You said you have come here to spend quality time, yet here you are behaving like a teacher.. asking these questions" she again tried to dodge it. "No I have come to know what is going on in my sister's life, and I intend on doing the same, infacttt... I AM doing the same" she replied. "So.. spill it, you both were looking too friendly in my opinion, cause as much as I remember.. if you are not interested in a guy you will not let her touch you, like Adam. You will be friends but you will not be touchy with them. I know you Ellie." Alya said concerned about her sister. Being an elder sibling, she was always nosey and bossy yet caring for her.
'Busted' Elena thought.
"No you are seeing too much in between the lines, he is just a friend. That's all" she replied with a thudded heart trying to maintain calm on outside. Alya rolled her eyes. "Seriously, who are you trying to fool girl, remember? I am your sister and these days we are not able to meet much. Sometimes I am late, sometimes you are working late, now that I am here, tell me" she again questioned.
"Nothing is there to tell you, so how is Adam?" She questioned maybe trying this would leave her out of Trouble. But who was she kidding. "Really? Elena, you are asking about Adam whom you had tried to avoid from last so many months, this desperate to get rid off this topic?" Alya pestered again "and by the way he is going to get married to Veronica Martin, isn't it, they look good together" yeah.. She tried her last weapon to make her spill.
"Yeah maybe, I don't know" Elena said with irritation gripping pen so tightly. Alya took the pen from her hand making her realise she was seeing everything. "So tell me how is he.. in person?" Alya asked to which Elena replied with a sweet smile on her face describing him in a haze " He is what I am not, mature, introvert, charmer, always does things for others without them realising and when given credit, he will dismiss it by irritating argument" she snorted relishing a memory. "He is good looking, caring and smart and also.. " she realised she was speaking way too much "also..?" Her sister pestered.
"nothing" she said avoiding her gaze now again standing up to pick up file from a rack. "You love him, don't you Ellie?" She questioned which made Elena stop in her tracks facing back to her. She closed her eyes tightly with heart thumping loudly against her ribcage, dreading the question she knew was coming her way and her sister did not disappoint.
She avoid thinking about the answer to question with tears lining near her lower eyes fearing if she might accepted it in her brain then it was gonna be difficult on a whole new level. She exhaled through mouth lowly turning to her sister with a fake large grin and shrugged in a careless manner "what?.." she purposely said loudly "he is just a friend Alya, nothing else, maybe a best friend that's it" and again turned her back in order to avoid facing her for she can see through her facade. "Ookayy" Alya said nodding her head "since you are not interested in Adam, I have long list of guys for you to set you up and I am serious this time, if not one then other, not other then another but we will get you a boyfriend soon. Infact let's start it from today, I am free now"
"What? no.." Elena said sooner than necessary "I mean I am not interested for the time being.. please Alya" she pleaded through her eyes. "No can do, I am not budging li'l sister. So you better choose or I will take the charge in my hands" her sister replied.
"I told you I don't need any guy" she shouted then placed her hand on her mouth in shock realising her mistake "I am so sorry, so sorry" she apologized again and again, then sighed and sat down on her chair, exhaling visibly spoke almost in a whisper " I do, I do love him more than I can even imagine, but he is getting married and here I am happy being his friend even if it means making some last good memories with him, assuring and making him understand every time.. that its ok to express your feelings, if it makes him happy and at peace."
"God, little sister, I don't know what to say" her sister replied perplexed "fine, let's just leave the topic for now, but when he gets married I am searching you a boyfriend, now lets go shopping - the best stress reliever" Alya said linking her arm through her...
Hayden when returned to his car after Meeting Elena, her sister and niece. he was busy fantasizing with a soft smile on his face about what it would be like when she will hold their child. Surely she will be a good mother and also a good friend to them, he would have to be the bad guy to make the balance, as there was no mean bone in her vody. Thinking this he laughed to himself, but that was the most attractive thing about her - her innocence.
"Hayden" somebody called him "huh" he said still in a tranc.
"I said we have reached office" the voice came.
Hayden cleared his throat embarrassed realising it was Michael "yeah, sure" he gave him a small smile and stepped outside. God this woman is going to be the death of him. Control Hayden, control your emotions- he chastised himself.
Yes. He masked his real expressions and entered the McCarthy building, reaching for his private elevator, once on his floor, he acknowledged Delilah's presence with a nod and asked her to bring his schedule for the day and got busy in his work seriously...
It was almost 8 in the evening when he was done with work, he send Delilah soon and too got ready himself to leave the office. In the parking he met Michael, they just exchanged few words and rest of the ride was silent all the way to his house.
Reaching home.. he was tired as hell but ate dinner on Martha's insistence and told her that he was going in his study. Inside he checked some files and called someone he needed to talk to necessarily.
"Father" He greeted formally on picking up of phone from the other end. "Yes Hayden, I am busy, what is it? And you remember, your private engagement ceremony is day after tomorrow, I am sure your mother would have reminded you"
"Ofcourse you are busy, so am I " he spoke rolling his eyes "Anyway I remember but before that I need to talk to you, Its very urgent, more important than that ceremony" he spoke in a firm voice leaving no room for arguments.
"Okay, you can come tomorrow" his father spoke and hang up on him.
Of course his father was too busy to even ask about his well being, What was he even thinking...
Some things and people never change.....

***********