chapter 27

General pov..

It was a fresh day, new feeling for Hayden. He was refreshed, happier and Something has changed for sure after.. "Hayden, Baby.." A voice called..
"Great" he muttered sarcastically, it was annoying voice he could recognise anywhere, anytime. Veronica's voice came somewhere from inside his house. He was going to laze around for some more time but now that the daddy's brat is here, he had to get up fast and leave quickly from here.
He was about to get up when Veronica came barging inside. "Hie babe, you are not up yet, great let's just spend some time together"  Veronica said in the sweetest voice possible. But got the shock of her life seeing Hayden smiling widely.
Hayden was thinking of Elena and his feelings he had discovered last night. He can't wipe out that broad grin from his face even when tried so many times. He had practiced  masking his true emotions since childhood and that girl - damn, made her way inside his heart just like that without even trying purposely. "Are you smiling?" He heard Veronica's shocked voice. "You are okay, right?" She asked placing her hand on his forehead.
Hayden pushed her hand and got up, all smile forgotten now, realising his company, "I am okay, what are you doing here this early in the morning? Don't you have anywhere to go?" He asked walking into his huge walk in closet for getting ready for office. Veronica followed him like a lost puppy talking about anything and everything. God, he doesn't want to spoil his  bright mood. He so wanted to strangle her for irritating him first thing in the morning.  "Veronica, I have to freshen up, get out" he ordered blankly. "But.." she started but soon shut up seeing the icy stare Hayden gave her. One intimidating stare is all it takes for a person to get scared to death from him.
"Now" he said through gritted teeth pointing outside through his head. She gulped in fear although trying to act somewhat nonchalant and skipped out of the room.
Hayden got ready quickly to leave as soon as possible. On reaching the kitchen, he saw her still sitting there probably waiting on him. So he decided to skip his breakfast. "Martha, I am going office" he said making eye contact with her secretly asking her to send Veronica out. They talked through eyes which didn't go unnoticed by her. She was fuming inside but at the same time feeling smug that after marriage he will have to come around. Hayden left for office, still feeling joy after last night. He got into the car, greeting Michael with a bright smile tugging his lips, "Good morning" he said
"Indeed the morning is good" Michael replied with warm, wide smile of his, both chuckling at Michael's comment. Hayden cleared his throat " Michael?" He called making him look through driver's mirror at Hayden. "Yeah" he replied glancing at him and then again concentrating forward.
"Turn around for Elena's office" he said making Michael smirk to himself. "Sure" he said taking u-turn for her office. All the way to her office, Hayden was busy with his thoughts but this time with a bubbling joy inside him of his new profound feelings rather than confusion about why Elena matters so much to him, why he felt comfortable with her etcetera etcetera...

Elena was usual her chirpy self coming in her office. She was busy checking mails in her laptop about recent contracts when she felt someone barge inside her office. "I told you Erica, I am busy, like really busy, I don't have time for you" she said without looking up.
On entering Elena's office, Hayden was met with such an adorable sight. She busy in her work reading something with nose scrunched up, lips pouted. His cold demeanour immediately crumbled down hearing her voice.
"Oh really, Ms. Kingsley" he said replying to Elena's order playfully walking inside her office.
She immediately snapped her neck up, so surprised that she didn't speak for a minute or two. But then she got confused. "What are you doing here at this time?" She innocently asked then adding in a teasing tone, grinning like Cheshire cat "Did you missed me so much in your boring life that you can't even wait for lunch?"
Hayden moved towards her with a smirk of his own " and if I say yes? What would you say?" He replied in same teasing tone. Elena was wide eyed, he was smiling so wide, he was TEASING her back which he never did, just ignored her shenanigans with his laughter. Something was not right, definitely not.
"Are you okay?" she asked moving forward checking his forehead for fever. Nothing - she felt him alright, well physically alright, mentally.. she was going to check.  She giggled to herself lowly at her own thought. But anyways he heard that.
He grabbed her by her waist shocking Elena "What's so funny huh?" He asked narrowing his eyes playfully. "No..nothing" she stuttered when she saw him so touchy feely only in the morning itself.
"Thats great, Ms. Kingsley" he said leaving her waist suddenly confusing her more "I hadn't had my breakfast, I am starving, so lets go grab a bite" he said casually as if Elena didn't knew him. She knew something was up his sleeve. He is being so different or maybe expressive - wierd.. she thought. What happened overnight that he's expressing his emotions so openly to her, nor that he does not earlier but today its whole new level through his eyes, he just came to tell he is starving and he needs a buddy to hang out.
He knew wheels were overturning in her head. "Lets go" he said taking her hand seeing straight leaving her gaping at him. They left her office still hand in hand, people with shocked faces, whispering things amongst themselves. Elena tried to free her hand but Hayden being Hayden did not leave her hand instead gripped more tightly interwining them, walking straight with expression less face like nothing is wrong in the world. Elena blushed seeing him exerting full authority on her like she was his. "Hayden everybody's staring, what are you doing?.. Leave my hand" she murmured against his ear. He replied "never" gazing intently into her eyes like saying something deep through his words. The harsh whispers around them snapped them from their trance. "Lets go" he said once again turning not leaving her hand for a second. Outside her office, he was still the Hayden McCarthy people knew, but he was changed with her.
They reached Starbucks and ordered a cappuccino for both and some muffins for Hayden. Enjoying breakfast they made quite a talk here and there, Infact Elena did most of the talk while Hayden was busy staring intently at her when she talked such animatedly like a doll. "Staring is creepy" she said in between her telling tale of a class teacher she hated the most. "So" he shrugged innocently. "So nothing, I just thought to tell you" she narrowed her eyes playfully at his lies. He chuckled at her adorable antics. She's too sweet for a person as cold as him. And now he was in love with her. Yes he accepted  it in his mind that he was in love with her.
It was now time to start acting on it and see if she loved him too and even if it was a no, he would make sure that she would fall for him. Living without her from now is a big no no.
"Haydennnn...?" Elena said breaking his chain of thoughts. "Huh" he confusedly stare at her face.
"I said I am done, if you are done lets go" she said moving hands in the air. "Yeah.. come on" saying he placed some bills on the table and held her hand again.
Elena looked at him confusingly. He did not show emotions easily.  But today he was behaving so touchy. What was going on with him? She wanted to know.
"What's going on? Whats cooking in that head of yours?" She asked biting her lip trying to think while asking him.  He made a face to ask 'what are you talking about'
She lifted their joined hands to tell him with eyes 'this, I am talking about this' making faces.
"Ooh, can't a friend hold a friend's hand" he asked making innocent face smirking inward.
"Hmm, he can" she said nodding her head with a cute mysterious smile on her face."but I know this all" she said pointing to herself and him "doesn't comes naturally to you, so spill" she said now seriously with all humour gone. "Why even I can be an expressive friend" he said emphasizing and exaggerating the word friend.
"so I just hold it myself today" he shrugged making innocent face. "Okay, I believe you" she said again with a wide smile shaking her head at his behaviour.
Infact he did want to tell her, not only her but the whole world that he was in love with her but this was neither the right time nor right place to tell, so he would first talk to his father about Martin's contract and then Elena - that he loves her.
Love - with Elena.. the thought only made every cell in his body alive and joyous.....