chapter 29

I request all the readers to please vote, comment and share, it will help getting the story noticed..
Thank you guys...

General pov...

Next day Hayden was busy in his study at his condo doing all the calculations and plannings in his office in the evening to make up for the loss he was going to have. He wanted to end it as quickly as possible. After an hour or so, He massaged his temple remembering his meeting with his father in the morning...

'Flashback'
Hayden reached McCarthy mansion after having breakfast and lazing around his living room to reach on the given time because his father was such a busy man (note the sarcasm). On reaching there he greeted the working staff with an appreciative nod for they had looked after him and his brother for a long period of time alongside Martha when their mother was busy socialising with elite class people and father was busy making lots of money. He asked for his father. He was in his study room.
When he reached there, he knocked on his door. After a faint come in from inside, he entered his office, his father was sitting in his chair, wearing spectacles reading some papers. "Father" Hayden greeted him to make his presence known. "Ahh Hayden, sit" he said motioning towards the chair in front of his desk. "So.. How are you? What brings you here?"
He ignored his first question, he was not in the mood of faking anything "I have come here to discuss our contract with Martins, I don't want to marry her daughter, so I thought of informing you" He said very well knowing the fact Martins were in good business relation with them and his father would be pissed and would not let him breach the contract. " What did you say? I will not let you do this stupidity" His father hissed in anger.
"And what about my social relation with her father - Lynn Martin. You are not going to do any such thing, or You will face my wrath" He spoke with gritted teeth "and if this all is not considered at first place what about millions of loss we will suffer??" He said now raged throwing his hands in the air to make him understand the impact.
"I know and I will try to minimize the loss as much as possible, but I can't marry Veronica Martin, I love somebody else" he spoke firmly maintaining eye contact. His father laughed loudly at that. Raising his voice he asked "you love somebody? Who is that girl? Since when do you started displaying your emotions publicly?"
"I told you what is my problem, the girl in the picture is none of your business and don't you dare try any of your cheap stunts, I will be watching you, this marriage is gonna cancel, That's final, either you are with me or not" he said now standing, banging on the table with tone of finality.
Standing up he was about to turn when his father called him. "Yeah? He prodded with hope.
"If you are able to nullify the loss, not minimize mark my words, if we won't suffer any loss, you can go ahead, I will handle Lynn Martins."
"Thank you" He sincerely but curtly thanked him taking his father by surprise and left the room leaving him shocked standing there.
'Flashback ends'

Logan McCarthy was stunned at his son's behaviour. He thanked him? That meant he might be serious about this matter - he thought to himself. And his anger, he has always seen him masking his emotions, he must be serious about that girl, so he thought of excusing him and making up for the lost times in their lives.
Shaking his head Hayden made some calls to his family lawyer, some investors and what not. He not only now wanted to compensate for the loss but also make more profit than the original contract would have gotten them because his father gave him a chance and he would do anything for his Elena. He was almost sure she too has feelings for him and he would definitely try to make her spill.. what did she think of him, but first this mess, remembering.. he again eyed all the papers, sighing, he continued his work.

By evening Elena was so distracted and disappointed, the day was coming to an end but there were no signs of Hayden. He didn't come to meet her, asked her to meet him or called her. It was so very unusual of him. Since the day he had started sharing some of his worries and problems, a day had not gone without them meeting or talking to each other. She was feeling so desperate to call him but refrained herself thinking of imposing herself unnecessarily. But now that it was almost six, she could not control, so she called him on his personal cell but it was switched off..
Again tried.. switched off, hesitantly she tried last option..
"Hello, McCarthy enterprises" came a female voice.
"Hie, this is Elena, can I talk to Hayden?" She asked unsurely checking the number again  because she was sure she had called at Hayden's office.
"Oh Elena, Hie, this is Delilah, sir has not come to office today, so I am recieving his calls, if there is something urgent, you can tell me, I will note it down and surely convey it" Delilah replied professionally..
"No thanks, but he is ok right?" She questioned concerned.
"No no everything is alright, sir said its something important but I don't know what it is so.." Delilah left her statement incomplete.
"Its ok, thank you once again" Elena said disconnecting the call.
Something important?? What it should be, is it that important, he doesn't even gave a call, was he busy with his fiance? Maybe that was important than her - so many thoughts and scenarios were forming in her head to which she wanted to know the answers but was afraid of the consequences.
Shaking her head, she was packing her stuff when Erica came in to remind her of the Kenyan's wedding tomorrow they had planned. She confirmed her presence, asked her some questions about the arrangements and bade goodbye to her leaving office..
It was almost nine when Hayden checked his watch, sighing.. tired, he lazily stretched his limbs and went out to have something. Seeing nobody in kitchen or living room, he warmed up his food and got settled on the couch in living room switching the channel for marketing news...
After having dinner and lazing around for some time he retired to his bed determined to get a way out of this mess and then..would surprise Elena...
Elena was restless that night, after lots of tossing and turning, sleep came to her in the wee hours of the dawn...
*****
Next day Elena was busy with the wedding, she and her crew had arranged, she was wearing off shoulder white lace knee length dress with some curls in the hair letting them lose on one side of shoulder and minimal make up on. Everybody was awed at the decor and bride and groom. She attended the wedding alongside taking care of everything required and the arrangements made, leading her group like a true leader.
Despite being busy she was glued to her phone like adhesive in case Hayden called or left a message or something. With so much celebrations on, she was still distracted and unable to enjoy the wedding - her favourite event.. due to a creature named Hayden freaking McCarthy. Let him come, I will teach him a lesson - she thought to herself. But in a corner of her heart she was worried and apprehensive too about him.
After the wedding ceremony was long over, the reception was about to start when her phone rang. On seeing the caller id, her heart skipped a beat. It was Hayden. "Hello" she said cooly to avoid sounding desperate. "Hey who's this?" Asked some guy from other side.
"What? Who are you? And where is Hayden? How come you have his phone?" She asked questions without taking a break in a worried tone.
"Chill, relax man, I mean woman, who are you?" Again asked the person.
"First you tell me mister, Where is Hayden?" She asked this time with the tone of finality.
"Oh nothing just we are in hospital, and I am.." 
" What do you mean 'we are in hospital'  WHERE IS HAYDEN? and what has happened to him?" She cut him off rambling herself..
"Relax nothing just a minor accident, relax" he said to lessen the damage he had done
"What the hell, what accident? tell me the hospital name.. now?" She said loudly catching everybody's attention. Excusing herself pestering the person on the phone, she rushed from there without saying anything to anybody.
Driving recklessly she arrived M.L. Hospital, rushing straight to the reception.
"Excuse me madam , Hayden McCarthy?" She questioned the receptionist desperately turning her head here and there. 
"One second mam....  Ahh, yes room no 303, 2nd floor." She replied checking details on her system.
Without replying, she rushed towards the lift, haphazardly pressing 2, she tapped her foot nervously thinking what might have happened to him. On reaching the floor, she frantically checked room numbers, once reaching she opened the door wide with a thud, loudly calling "Hayden"

*******
Next chapter will be posted soon...

THE WEDDING PLANNER(Complete)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara