Chapter 20

General Pov...

Michael and Leo were shocked to see the change in Hayden. He smiled at them easily and thanked them. Goodness.. Elena has effected him with her cheerfulness in such a short time. So Michael made up his mind then and there that he will try to push him towards Elena more to bring out the insecurities of his and replace it with peace and happiness and if not more, then Elena can be a true friend to Hayden who he can confide in. Although they all tried and failed but he was sure Elena will be able to do this if she can make him smile so easily and casually...
Hayden was outside her apartment thinking if he should go back or ring the doorbell. After much sighing, he ringed the doorbell. He felt ease. Its ok. It was just this easy to ring a doorbell. When nobody answered for a minute or two he ringed it again waiting and then again...
Elena was sleeping in her room when she groaned loudly at the ringing of doorbell.
She decided to ignore it whoever it is will go away eventually if she will not open the door. Aliya and Noel were gone to office and school, and there was still time for them to come, so who can it be? She thought.
What if they were actually Aliya or Noel. She rushed towards the door without thinking about her appearance or the fact that there could be someone else. When she opened the door. Hayden was standing there in blue suit, looking handsome as ever, about to ring the doorbell again..
She was surprised to see at him door and was staring at him with shocked expressions.
Hayden was about to try and ring the doorbell last time when suddenly the door opened with Elena standing in just a long t shirt with eyes puffy and red as if she had cried a while ago.
He raked his eyes over her body from head to toe lingering a while longer at her soft shaven bare legs. She cleared her throat blushing, feeling stupid for not changing or bothering to check her appearance before opening the door.
Hayden snapped his eyes at her face when she cleared her throat. He felt like kissing the shit out of her. She was standing there looking adorable in only t shirt, some hair lingering on her glowing face with no make up on. She shifted uncomfortably.
He chastised himself for staring too long.. "Hi Elena.. How are you feeling?" He asked to break the quietness.
"Huh" she frowned, confused.
"How are you, weren't you sick? Your PA said when I visited your office" he explained to her.
"Oh.. nothing just a slight headache, it will be okay" she replied.
"Are you sure, my car is outside, if you are not feeling well, we can go to the doctor" he asked concerned without realising.
"Yeah I am sure" she said "you wanna come inside?" She questioned moving to the side making way for him to enter.
He nodded and padded inside eyeing the whole living room and open kitchen. " What will you have water, juice or coffee?" She questioned walking inside the kitchen
"Nothing I just thought I should check upon you since you were not well" he said seating himself uncomfortably.
She came outside in the living room with a tray of glass of juice. She put it on the table in front of him and nodded him through eyes to pick it up.
"Don't worry, I am okay, maybe... Maybe its because of work stress" she said thinking about the morning events.
Hayden picked up the glass and took a sip but was distracted by her legs when she was deep in thought about something not aware of his gaze. He was controlling himself hard to keep his hands and his eyes to himself. So to distract himself, he said "You are looking pale, have you had your breakfast?"
When she realised he was questioning she shook her head to clear her thoughts and replied "Actually no, I got distracted and upset over..... over.. something .. yeah" she replied covering her slip of tongue.
"Oh" he said "let me make you something, what do you want to have?" he said after much thought about taking her outside or preparing something for her inside due to paparazzi.
"Oh no no no, don't bother yourself, its ok I will manage" she tried to persuade him.
"No tell me" he forced standing up.
"Are you really sure, I mean  do you know how to make food ?" She asked excited in her heart at the prospect of spending some time with him.
"Ofcourse I know the basic things, now tell me" he reassured..
" okay, I want to eat veg sandwich and some noodles." She said with a big smile..
"oh and make it for two" she said showing two fingers like little girl elated over the fact, he was staying.
"Two? What? Oh.. You mean me, no no I had my breakfast, I will make it for you" he told her.
"But its almost time for lunch, you wil either make it for two or nobody, choice is yours" she said standing up.
"Okay" he sighed walking into the kitchen.
She placed vegetables, bread and noodles pack on her kitchen counter and faced him -  "Ok, Hayden you continue, everything is here, I will just go and change" she said embarrassed when she realised she was still waltzing around in only t shirt.