Beds Are Nice

A/N Kind of a short little chapter... Hope you like it :] Not edited or anything, so point out any mistakes you see :] Just two more chapters and probably an epilogue before the very end!

ALSO! It's dedicated to IsabelaSlmnc who made up the amazing banner for me! 

Chapter 30
Beds Are Nice

My mystery vampire helper tries to calm down the Supernatural committee while I slip away. I run out of the library with… well, no idea of what to do. I’ve got no plan, not really anyway. Just a mission: kill Housen. I’m not sure where he’ll be, but I figure I’ll start at his house and work my way from there.

Outside, illegally parked at the curb is a car I recognize. Its paint is chipped and it’s older than dirt and just as ugly and I’ve never been so happy to see a car in my life. As I run toward the car the driver door opens and Chase steps out. He meets me halfway and I leap into his arms, hugging him tight.

“I was so scared when you weren’t with Jess,” he says into my hair. It’s one of those vulnerable moments that rarely happen with Chase. I’m still startled by his honest admission of fear. The vampire I knew even 6 months ago wouldn’t have ever admitted to being afraid.

“I’m ok,” I promise.

I cup my hands on either side of his face and pull back to look into his eyes. Eyes that, just hours ago, I wasn’t convinced I’d ever see again. I take a second to memorize everything about his face; the tiny freckle by his left eye, the almost dimple that’s barely visible when he smirks; everything. And then I bring my lips to his hard and fast because I can’t wait any longer. Chase, feeling the same, meets me in the middle and our lips crash together almost painfully. The best kind of pain, the kind that is reassurance of everything and makes the world right again, just for this moment.

The kiss is desperate and says everything either of us wants to say without any words. His arms wrap tightly around my back pulling me further and further into him and my fingers dig into his He nips and sucks on my bottom lip and then glides his tongue into my mouth, against mine in dance of passion.

“This reunion is sweet and all, but we have things to do,” Jess yells from the backseat of the car.

Chase, obviously the stronger willed of the two of us, pulls away first leaving me pouting. He smirks in the frustrating way that I’ve come to love as I put my feet back on the ground and walk to the car. I pull open the passenger door and slide into the seat before turning around to Jess.

“I’m so sorry,” I tell her immediately.

“I’m fine Aurora. Seriously,” she swears though I can tell she’s not fine. I don’t know what’s happened to her the last few days, but her eyes are darker than they’ve ever been and her spirit seems lacking though she’s trying not to show it.

“Where’s the shifter?” Chase demands. His attitude switches from happy to see me and relieved to pissed the fuck off.

“Not here… he never showed for the meeting.”

“How’d you get here?”

“I ran.”

“Why?”

“It’s kind of a long story…” I trial off not really sure where to begin, and then take a breath before trying to explain. I tell Chase and Jess about the deal I made with Housen and then what happened with the other vampire. How he helped me escape and urged me to still come to meeting and try to prevent the shifters from striking. They’re both shocked to hear about anyone else helping out.