We'll Be Unstoppable

Chapter 29

We’ll be Unstoppable

“I’ll help, just don’t hurt her.”

Housen smiles pleasantly and pulls Jess more tightly to him. Tears soak her face, black streaks of mascara line the trail. Other than the tears, she looks good. Better than Andrew did when he was brought here. Her clothes are still clean and there doesn’t appear to be a bruise on her, thank God. It doesn’t take long to realize why she wasn’t injured though.

“I won’t hurt her,” he says, “but I can’t promise not to make her scream.”

I watch as Housen’s hand trails from the arm it was gripped around, to her waist and up higher. He drags his fingers across her chest and up to her neck, but the move isn’t violent- it’s sexual. Jess tries to wiggle away, but he doesn’t budge.

“Let her go! I said I’ll help you so get your disgusting hands off her.”

He frowns, disappointed that I’ve cut his fun short, but complies. Housen releases Jess, giving her a push forward into the cell with me. Jess wraps her arms around me and hugs me tightly. I return the hug, squeezing her tightly.

“Chase got away,” she whispers into my ear.

I sag in relief both because if they don’t have Chase that means they can’t kill him and because he will stop at nothing to save us. I should probably be praying that he doesn’t. I should hope that he runs away and saves his own skin. I shouldn’t want him to put himself in danger to try to save us. That’s just selfish. I’m being terribly selfish and I’m not sure that I care. I want nothing more than Chase to fight his way in here and get Jess and me the hell out.

Jess is ripped away from me and held back while two more guards approach me. One wraps his arms around my waist, but I don’t struggle, I said I’d cooperate and I will. So I stand still while the other leans down to release the chain holding me to the floor. Every instinct in my body is telling me to fight. I can take on the two shifters and get out of this cell before they realize what’s hit them. The only thing that prevents me from taking charge is the fact that I can’t leave Jess and I don’t think I could get us both out.

“Get off me,” Jess grits out when one of the shifters starts to get fresh. Housen growls their way and warns them to behave. He steps in and wraps his fingers around my arms and begins to walk, yanking me behind him.

“You’re coming with me. We have a meeting, now be a good little girl and your friend will be fine,” he whispers sharply in my ear. “But if you try anything, my boys will have their fun.”

He drags me down a brightly lit hall made of the same brick that lines the cell. All the lighting is artificial; no windows exist to let in light so I can only conclude that wherever we are, it’s underground. A door is pulled open to reveal a set of older stairs that we walk up and back into the warehouse room where we initially met.

“What day is it?” I wonder aloud, my curiosity getting the best of me.

“It’s hard to keep track of time in my dungeon, isn’t it,” he replies sounding thoroughly amused and chuckles. “Thursday.”

“Where are we going?”

“I told you already. A meeting.” He sighs exasperatedly. “But first, you’ve got to get cleaned up. You can’t very well convince the council I am not persuading you if you arrive beaten and smelling of piss. In you go.”

He pushes me into an elevator and we wait in silence to be lifted to the ground floor. When the bell dings announcing the cars arrival at our destination, Housen breaks the silence.