Damn, you're cute

Author's Note -- Hey Hey! I'm updating this chapter - nothing here has changed but if you're one of those who gets to the end and wants more... I've created another work "Bonus Inner Predator" (I'll put the link in the comments) So if you find yourself wanting more details... check it out ;] 

        This- like most my chapters- is unedited so please excuse any little errors and feel free to point them out! :] 

Chapter 25- Damn You're Cute

"Don't you know hitting girls is wrong?" Jess complains as she lands on the ground once again. I feel kind of bad for her. We don't even have mats to the break the falls and she's always falling. At least when I started training it was in a gym and the falls were softened by big blue mats, all Jess gets is dirt.

I'd be lying if said I'm not taking my fair share of falls as well. Skipping out on real training while I pretended to be human wasn't the greatest idea, but I didn't have much choice. Chase isn't pleased with my lack of skill, not just hand to hand either. My Fae powers are just as out of practice. My Glamours are ok, but I've been playing around with those since I left, Illusions though... I haven't used in months.

"You need to learn," Andrew snaps back beginning to lose his patience with Jess. He reaches out a hand to help her up and then gets ready to go again.

I watch as Andrew charges Jess and traps her in a bear hug with her arms pinned to her side. Immediately she lets her body go limp, which would be a good plan if she weighed enough to throw Andrew off balance, but she doesn't and he was prepared for her to try that.

Realizing that her strategy isn't going to work Jess plants her feet back on the ground supporting her own weight and then shifts her hips to one side. I watch as she balls one hand into a fist and hammers it back, aiming for Andrew's groin. Pride swells in me when she makes a hit causing Andrew to release her and then she bring her right elbow up at a sharp angle toward the side of his face as she turns around.

She's finally starting to listen to Andrew's instruction instead of just complaining and doing hat she thinks is best.

"Quit paying attention to them," Chase barks and I snap my eyes back to him. He looks just as irritated as Andrew did moments ago, though I don't think his irritation is solely with me. He's still not pleased about this meeting.

The idea of going into a den full of powerful shifters ready to fight isn't something that most would look forward to. Even Chase's arrogance isn't enough to make him think he can take on that many shifters. One or two- hell, I'd bet even five shifters and he'd be thrilled for the fight, but we're likely to have to deal with a lot more than five shifters.

"Sorry," I say focusing my attention back on my own fight.

Chase blurs out of sight and is on me in an instant, throwing a punch. I may not be as strong as I was before but I still know how to fight, the muscle memory is still there. I block his punch just before he strikes and grab on to his wrist to hold him while I bring my knee up to his gut.

But just as I was ready for his move, Chase anticipated mine. He uses my hold on his arm against me as his fingers wrap around my arm and then he spins so that he is behind me and my arm pinned painfully behind my back. His free arm pressed on my shoulder and prevents me from turning to fight back with my free hand. He walks me forward until I'm pinned against a tree, which only makes the position more uncomfortable.

Then he releases my shoulder but only to wrap his grip through my hair. It's still pretty short, but it's certainly long enough now for him to get a good grip on. Then he pushes my face harder against the tree.