Chapter 11

The urRu continue humming and singing to the Dark Crystal before slowly dispersing, making their way upstairs. "Aughra, what's happening? Where are they going?" Kira asks, watching all the urRu leave.

"Hmph! Who can say? Watched them for centuries. Old windbags! Huh! Still don't understand them. But ... Aughra knows this much ... hm! They do nothing without reason. Same as their brothers." Kira frowns, staring back at the Dark Crystal, quietly praying that both her husband and her daughter are okay.

~

The Eminence walks down the dungeon halls, checking in on the imprisoned skeksis.

"We see you, gelfling ..." skekUng says.

"I like its robes," skekShod coos.

"I want its flesh!" skekAyuk exclaims hungrily.

"It's essence!" skekOk adds.

"Know what we are, gelfling?" skekSa asks.

"We are the Lords of the Crystal!" skekZok says.

The Eminence narrows his eyes at them, scoffing, "Once, perhaps. Now, you are prisoners. I am the Crystalline Eminence. I am Master of the Crystal, in this castle!"

skekUng laughs in his face. "Crystalline Eminence. Hah! Think you know its power, do you? Hahaha! You've never seen the light of the Dark Crystal, gelfling."

The Eminence clenches his jaw, trying to hold back the urge to say anything.

"You want real strength? Haha! Look on it when the suns are high! Then we see how gelfling understand ..." skekUng finishes, a mocking grin on his face.

The Eminence rolls his eyes before walking out of the dungeon. Things weren't going to go well for him.