Chapter 29

And so it was that the Crystal of Truth came to be shattered only to be reborn anew. In its light, the Great Tribes discovered fresh purpose, fresh beauties and wonders, and a new age began. The Age of Harmony.

~

Mavra and Thurma run around Mithra, smiling at the many new firelings that surrounded the castle and the villages. They finally make it to the Well where Kensho was last found. He turns around from talking to the other firelings and stares at his friends in surprise.

"Thurma? Mavra?"

Thurma smiles and looks up at Mavra, pushing her forward and urging her to run to him. Mavra looks back at Kensho and smiles, flying over to him. Kensho smiles widely and runs towards her as well. They meet halfway through their run and enjoy each other's embraces. Kensho spins Mavra around in the process and sets her back down, still hugging her tightly. Tears of joy spring to Mavra's eyes as she exclaims, "I love you, too, Kensho!"

Kensho's eyes widen and he pulls away from Mavra with a deep blush on his cheeks. "W-What?" He stutters out.

She grins cheekily at him before crashing her lips against his. Kensho's eyes flutter shut and he smiles while kissing her back, making the firelings around them hoot and holler, especially Thurma. "Hah! See? I'm a master matchmaker!" She cheers, running over to her friends and tackling them to the ground in a hug.

~

As the fragments of the Crystal were remade, so too was all of Thra healed and enlivened afresh. What was sundered, made whole.

~

Mavra and Kensho are dressed formly, standing in front of the bright Crystal in their Castle. Mavra giggle senselessly while glancing back at the old gelfling who had urged her to confess her feelings for Kensho. The old gelfling gave her a thumbs-up, making Mavra smile. She stares up into Kensho's eyes, still having a hard time believing she was actually standing there in front of the Crystal, joining with her newly found husband in marriage.

"By the power of the Crystal, you are here by declared as man and wife. You may kiss the bri--"

The gelfling priest leading the matrimony cuts his sentence short when Kensho enthusiastically kisses Mavra. Applause and excited cheering resound from the many gelfling, podling, and fireling within the castle. The two newlyweds part their lips and gaze into each other's sparkling eyes.

"Wow. I thought I was excited," Mavra teases.

Kensho chuckles under his breath while taking a hold of her hand. "Sorry. I couldn't resist. Your dimple is so cute!" He coos.

Mavra giggles and pats his head.

"Dummy," She jokes, looking back out over her people and waving to them with Kensho.

~

Today, at the dawning of a new era, three bright souls--from two bright races--must bid a fond farewell. Parted by the duty to the homes they love.

~

"You love-birds will hurry back, right?" Thurma asks playfully, walking her two gelfling friends to the surface of Mount Thranir, Tumby on top of her shoulder.

They both laugh and give her a tight hug. "Of course! A few months, at most," Kensho mumbles.

Thurma pouts and crosses her arms. "A couple months? Why's--Ohhh. The honeymoon," She says, wiggling her eyebrows.

Mavra's cheeks flush pink and she shoves Thurma lightly. "Oh, come on, Thurma. Can we be more mature about it?"

Thurma giggles and shakes her head, patting her friend's back. "Mm--Nope! Don't think so."

Kensho laughs a little and Mavra only rolls her eyes, but does let a small smile grace her lips. The two look back at the bird-fish dragon and smile, leaping onto his back.

"Hello, Blue, did you miss us?" Mavra asks, patting his head smoothly.

Blue hums back with a smile and waits for Kensho to hop on afterwards.

Kensho wraps his arms around his wife's waist and says, "Now remember: when you guide him left, he goes right, and when you guide him right, he goes--"

"Just let 'em rrrip, Mavra!" Thurma shouts while laughing.

Mavra grins at her Fireling friend, saying, "Ah, wise words, Thurma. Hi-ya!" She exclaims, letting Blue glide through the sky at a very fast pace.

Kensho yelps and his grip tightens around Mavra. "Geez! Be a little more careful!"

"What's the fun in that, my love? Life's full of adventure!" Mavra says, smiling from ear to ear.

Kensho smiles back and rests his chin on her shoulder. "And that's why I love you."

Thurma watches her friends fly on back home and waves to them energetically.

"Goodbye! Don't have too much fun!"

~

They part without fear, knowing--in mind and heart--that all of their lives are interwoven forever.