Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Lola.

She just so happened to be my neighbor, which I'm sure you already have figured out by now. 

School was a real bore that first day. I got easy homework from my classes, I didn't much more of that Paul child after lunch. Catch 22 probably scared him off enough, which was what I wanted that to do, and hopefully for the better. I didn't have any other classes with him, which was a very good thing for me. 

School slowly dragged by and finally ended. Every class I had to explain who I was, and every class I just said the same thing. Dewey, 17, American, and books. It made me feel almost bland, maybe I am bland. I'm not very sure at the moment. Maybe I'm a bland Englishman, no idea what most of these people think. I don't have a care too though, not yet.

Where was I? Lola, right. 

Before I get to her though, I must begin with walking home. 

I pushed my glasses up the bridge of my nose, kicked a rock that just so happened to be in my way. Everyone shoved out of the front door of that building, rushing to whatever was their way to get home. I held tightly onto some books, and my backpack, looking mostly down as I walked. Nothing really caught my attention, at first, to lift my head up. 

People didn't pay too much attention to me, which I was happy about. I walked towards the side of the road, and walked somewhat slowly as I moved toward the house. I yawned a bit as well. And watched my feet move me forward. 

Marshall rushed off somewhere, I'm sure with his new found friends. He was always pretty good with people, unlike I of course. I loathed people, he somehow enjoyed their company. 

I walked, and felt bored. I wished to be home, but knew that would happen soon. I just had to give it a block or two. 

I did not even get a half of one, before I had to face one of my worst nightmares. 

"Dewey! Dewey!" My speed increased only slightly at the sound of that nearing voice. I did not want to talk to her, please don't let me talk to her. Sadly enough, footsteps rushed up next to mine. Loud footsteps, that were rather sloppy and all over the place. 

"It's me Lola, you know!" I do know, and I huffed a bit in annoyance, before looking over at the excited and strange young girl. She dressed like all the other girls here, and had her black hair up as yesterday. I scratched the side of my head and nodded.

"Yes I recall our meeting," She giggled a bit at the way I talked. I don't believe there is something wrong with the way I talk. There was something wrong with the way she listened. 

"You talk funny, hm." She had this strange holding smile on her face, a stupid smile. But something in this stupid smile said she was happy, and I hated that. I hated the happiness that an ignorant girl could have, and that I had to give up on. 

"Hey, have you seen my boyfriend?" That question actually hurt. I think I lost a bit of my brain because of that, it gave me a head ache. How could that ever be a real question? I have no real idea, something I guess I don't understand. 

"No I have not, maybe because I do not know what he looks like," She nodded, giggling and looking away, at other people, wanting to find her boy friend. 

"Ha ha, of course! Sometimes I'm so stupid," Lola said that, so I wouldn't have to. We continued to walk slowly, as she still looked around for this boy. I sighed some and looked off, thinking about my stories, and my books. That was more important to me then, let's say, Lola's stupidity. 

And like everything else, another pair of footsteps rushed up next to us, this time cleaner and they sounded much more familiar. It was for one minute that I saw him, but the hair stood upon my head like quills.