Chapter 20

Chapter 20

"Come on Deway!" I had locked myself in the bathroom at this point. I could no longer take Lola and her "advice" or her showing how beautiful I could be. But I wasn't beautiful, and I didn't expect to ever be.

"I'm done Lola, you can go home now!" I shouted back through the door. I did my best to avoid the mirror, because the last thing I wanted to do was look at myself in the mirror. It didn't matter, I didn't have my glasses.

"I will break yer glasses!" I grabbed the door handle, almost opening the door after hearing that, but I hesitated for a second. I knew what she would have me wear, and look like, and feel so horrible about who I was as a person, as a female, as a whatever. I never wore powder, but at that moment, I was caked with it. I was buried underneath a pile of powder, and I couldn't find myself.

I opened the door, "Don't! I'll do whatever, just let me wear my glasses," She smiled with her goofiness showing and handed me my glasses. I placed them on my face, and she pushed me towards the mirror. I saw myself and I shivered.

"You don't have any nice clothes, but I got the nicest I could fine that match, in you closet, so you can wear those," I sighed at that.

"Why are my lips so red?" I lightly felt my lips, wondering if it would be there forever, but only finding it slightly on my fingers. It was so strange, it felt so strange, like someone painted my face.

My hands were shaking, so I put them back into my pockets, and looked down. I felt so stupid, and feared that Richard would forget what I actually looked like underneath all this shit. I almost forgot, and I've lived with it for my whole life.

"It's yer color," 

"I do not have a color Lola," She shrugged and dragged me into my bedroom, where she had clothes laid out for me. I sighed again, almost in pain for having to do this. I doubt I had to do this, but it was being done anyway, because I had my glasses to worry about. Also, maybe he would like it, even if I don't. A roar that started white and went red and on and on in a rushing wind.

"Yer silly Deway! Now try on the clothes," She left the room, and I sighed. I wasn't really thinking then, but I could have gotten out of it then, but I didn't, for whatever reason. I pulled off my clothes that I wanted to wear, and put on what was chosen for me. I exited the room, and felt horrible about what I looked like. 

"Are we done?" She nodded and squealed so happily. It was now time to go, to go to the one place I didn't really want to go to. But I did, because I wanted to, "Then, I'm going," I walked down the stairs and my mother just happened to stop me.

"Danielle, dinner has been ready for hours, and you haven't eaten anything yet," Everything was almost ready, but nothing was ever really finished. 

"I'm going out with Lola for a while, I'll be home later," I thought I saw her smile twitch.

"Who said you could?" 

"Just don't worry about it, I'll be back eventually," Or never. Lola waved and skipped out of the front door, which I followed, shutting the door behind me. It was time to go, "Lola, I want you to go and hang out with Paul-"

"No, I wanna be with George," 

"Then be with George, I don't care, just don't go home till I do, my mom will be most suspicious of me," She giggled and smiled, jumping around stupidly. I was so annoyed, but her happiness rubbed off, also, Richard.

I looked down at my feet and smiled slightly. I quickly covered my smile, and whipped it off my face, so that no one would ever know. Lola poked me in the side, making me look over, keeping the smile off.