Chapter 10

Chapter 10

When you have no one to talk to in this world, or at least it feels that way, you might turn to the closest thing you can get. I usually keep things to myself, seeing how people don't listen to my words, even if they are correct. I can speak loudly and no one really hears me. That changed then though, obviously, I'm writing about it.

But I still had to talk to someone, I don't need someone to speak up, but just to pretend to listen to me I guess so. So I got up from my chair in my room, where I wrote about whatever was going on in my head at the time, and went down the stairs to the door of my home. I shoved through it, and out into the world.

I walked out of my yard, and into the next one, into Lola's. I knocked on the door, one time, and waited with my hands behind my back. I waited as the world moved on without me, and waited as I felt a longing to be somewhere else, stupidly.

"Dewey!" The door opened, slowly and surely, and Lola smiled at me, big smile of course. She was happy to see me, I don't really understand why she was so happy to see someone like me, but I didn't ask her. I don't think she really knew either.

"Lola, good afternoon," It was a Thursday, almost another week had gone by with my school work and my job with Richard, which made it rather neutral of a week, so far. She giggled as she let me into to her once again empty home, her parent gone again in a sad way.

I think I understood, I understood parents in a sense.

"Dewey! I have to show you somethin!" She tugged on my arm, pulling me into her home, and towards her room. She rushed up the stairs, with me dragging behind her, and I tried not to get kill from those stairs. I moved quickly to catch up with her, and she left me go once we were at her door, which I breathed a bit.

"What do you have to show me Lola?" She giggled, running over to a table in his small room. She had a small bed with red sheets and large pillows and a stuffed bear. There was a small closet and a pink colored chest. She had her walls covered with posters of all sorts of bands, and a record player, with a few records. I got it. I know this... a man got to do what he got to do.

"Not much, only just another rose!" She giggled louder, and handed it to me, the rose. I rolled my eyes and felt the thing a bit, and then handed it back to her. She jumped on the bed, looking at it and smiling, "Paul gave it to me I think, because I found it outside my door and he always does this stuff."

"How do you know it's Paul hm?" I sat down on the bed, on the edge, and basically as far away from her as I could get, and talked to her from the distance.

"It has to be from Paul, who else silly?" I rubbed my eyes under my glasses and looked forward. I shouldn't expect anything more.

"George maybe," I shrugged at her, thinking about what I watched go on for maybe 15 minutes of my life. I leaned back, laying on the bed some, and leaving my legs off the bed. Lola thought about it for a bit, in her strange silence and then spoke again.

"It's not Georgie! He's nice and all, but Paulie is my boy, so it was him," She giggled again, smelling the flower like it was some kind of drug, maybe it was, for her. I moved my glasses somewhat, so they won't be right on top of my eyes, and thought about it.

"Why does he care so damn much? What do you have?" I was thinking aloud at this point, understanding she doesn't understand.

"Hm? I don't know, we are just so happy Dewey!" I fumbled with my fingers, thinking about all of this in not really a deep thought. I thought about it and maybe thought she just had some kind of appeal to these boys.

"I don't want to think they just think of beauty, though that is definitely something," Something I seriously lacked in, which could be one of the reasons I happen to be so alone, and also because I don't really want to be with anyone. Give and take .