22//

*Addison Carter POV*

"Ladies and gentlemen, family and friends, we are gathered here today to witness and celebrate the joining of Marco De Luca and Addison Carter in marriage.

With love and commitment, they have decided to live their lives together as husband and wife" The priest started.

My legs were wobbling and my palms were sweating. I couldn't sleep last night, I was too nervous for the wedding.

I was concerned about Marco last night. He was so out of it after we went to the therapist. This morning was weirder, he acted as if nothing had happened. He wouldn't stop talking about the wedding and how excited he was to marry me.

Something was up with him, but right now I was too anxious to notice. "Marco and Addison, remember to treat yourselves and each other with respect, and remind yourselves often of what brought you together.

Take responsibility for making the other feel safe, and give the highest priority to the tenderness, gentleness and kindness that your connection deserves.

When frustration, difficulty and fear assail your relationship, as they threaten all relationships at some time or another, remember to focus on what is right between you, not just the part that seems wrong.

In this way, you can survive the times when clouds drift across the face of the sun in your lives, remembering that, just because you may lose sight of it for a moment, does not mean the sun has gone away.

And, if each of you takes responsibility for the quality of your life together, it will be marked by abundance and delight."

I looked over at Marco, he was smiling at the priest. Fabian was with Marco's parents dressed in a tiny little tux. He looked so dashing. Like a mini prince.

"May you always need one another, not to fill an emptiness, but to help each other know your fullness. May you want one another, but not out of lack.

May you embrace one another, but not encircle one another. May you succeed in all important ways with each other, and not fail in the little graces.

May you have happiness, and may you find it in making one another happy. May you have love, and may you find it in loving one another."

The priest smiled warmly at me and turned to the crowd.

"No other human ties are more tender and no other vows more important than those you are about to take.

Both of you come to this day with the deep realization that the contract of marriage is sacred as are all of its obligations and responsibilities"

We turned to face each other and held hands. We smiled at each other and the priest began again.

"Do you Marco, accept Addison as your lifemate and one true love, promising to share in all that life offers and suffers, to be there for her in times of need, to soothe her in times of pain, and to support her in all endeavors, big and small?"

"I do"

"And do you Addison, take Marco to be your husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do you part?"

"I do"

"I, Marco, promise you, Addison, that I will be your husband from this day forward, to be faithful and honest in every way, to honor the faith and trust you place in me, to love and respect you in your successes and in your failures, to make you laugh and to be there when you cry, to care for you in sickness and in health, to softly kiss you when you are hurting, and to be your companion and your friend, on this journey that we make together."

"I Addison, promise you Marco to be your wife, your partner in life and your one true love. I will cherish our union and love you more each day than I did the day before. I will trust you and respect you, laugh with you and cry with you, loving you faithfully through good times and bad, regardless of the obstacles we may face together. I give you my hand, my heart, and my love, from this day forward for as long as we both shall live."

We moved on to exchange the rings. Marco didn't have a ring, only I did. I thought it was weird at first until Giulia explained that it wasn't necessary for both of us to have rings.

"Addison, I give you this ring as a symbol of my love for you. Let it be a reminder that I am always by your side and that I will always be a faithful partner to you."

"And now, by the power vested in me by the church of God, I hereby pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride"

Marco leaned in and kissed me passionately as everyone clapped and cheered.

"Ladies and gentlemen, family and friends. I present to you for the first time, Mr and Mrs De Luca"