10//

• Dedicated to Amanda

*Addison Carter POV*

I woke to Fabian crying and got up out of bed. Marco was asleep beside me and I wanted to let him rest. I went to Fabian's room and took him out of his crib.

He gurgled at me and snuggled into my chest. His crying stopped and tears were slipping down his rosy cheeks. I kissed his tears away and flattened his curls down.

I rocked him gently in my arms and his eyes fluttered. I walked out of the room and into the kitchen, walking to the fridge and opening it.

I grabbed a bottle of formula out and put it in the microwave to heat it up. Fabian watched with interest as I poured myself a glass of water and sipped it.

He reached a hand to the glass and got his fingers wet. He squealed and giggled, putting his fist in his mouth. I smiled at him, finishing the water.

The microwave timer went off and I put down my glass. I pulled out the milk and checked the temperature on my wrist.

Satisfied that it wouldn't burn his mouth, I held it as Fabian sucked on the lid. "Good boy Fabes. You're hungry aren't you?" He stared up at me with his gorgeous blue eyes and I smiled.

He looked so much like his daddy. I walked into the lounge room, holding Fabian in my arms. I sat on the couch and turned on the tv, making sure the volume was low.

I switched it on to a documentary and sat watching it. The documentary was about penguins in Antarctica. Fabian finished his bottle after ten minutes, waving his arms at me.

I put the bottle on the coffee table and stood up to burp him. I bounced him up and down, patting his back. Luckily he didn't vomit on me.

I placed him on the floor and took his bottle into the kitchen. I put the bottle into the dishwasher and walked back to Fabian.

He was sitting on the floor, mouth open, staring wide eyed at the television.

"What's that Fabian? Is that a penguin?" I cooed. He bounced up and down and waved his arms excitedly.

"Do you like penguins? I should take you to see them at the zoo sometime. Would you like that?" He squealed at me. I'll take that as a yes. His eyes wandered behind me and he giggled.

I turned around and saw Marco in the doorway. His hair was messy and his pants were crooked and rumpled from shifting in his sleep. "Hi. You left me" He grumbled sleepily. "Hi. That was blunt" I replied.

"I noticed you weren't in bed so I went to find you" He said walking towards us and sitting next to Fabian on the floor. Fabian gurgled, crawling to Marco's legs.

Marco picked him up and held him to his chest. "Maybe we can all go to the zoo on Tuesday" He suggested. "But we have work" I said.

"It's alright. I'm the boss. I can take a day off whenever I want" He smiled at me. "What about me?" I asked.

"I think I can let you off for now. A trip to the zoo won't hurt" He laughed. Fabian giggled, copying Marco. "Hey, buddy, no copying" Marco said smiling down at him.

Fabian made a farting noise with his mouth and tried to get out of Marco's arms. Marco put him down and watched as Fabian crawled to me. I smiled at him and picked him up.

Fabian made a point to stare at Marco from my arms, giggling. Marco chuckled and stood up. He turned off the tv and held out a hand to me. I took it, holding on to Fabian.

He pulled me up and took my hand, guiding me upstairs. He took me into his bedroom and picked up Fabian. He placed him down in the middle of the bed and slid in next to him.

I followed him and laid down on the other side of Fabian. Fabian gurgled, crawling to me and closed his eyes. His little hand curled around my finger.

"I think I understand" Marco mumbled. "Understand what?" I asked, confused. "Understand why Fabian cries at night" He said, glancing up at me. "Because he's hungry?" I questioned.

It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. "No. Because he doesn't have a mother" He said, stroking Fabian's curls. "What do you mean?" I asked.

"Fabian often wakes up in the middle of the night. He cries and cries, even after I come to him. I could never figure it out. But now...I get it" I waited for him to continue but he paused.

"What exactly do you get?" I prompted. "He wanted his mother. Mothers and babies bond over breast feeding. I've had him on formula. He didn't have that bond. But with you..."

Okay, him trailing off is starting to bug me.

"With me..." "He thinks that your his mother. You have a sort of bond. Don't freak out but I like it" He whispered.

"I like that you like it" I giggled. He smiled at me, "I like that you like that I like it" "What?" I asked, totally lost. "I have no idea just go with it" We both laughed at each other.

"We should buy you some clothes tomorrow and anything else that you need. If there was anything that we can replace from your apartment, I'd be more than happy to help" He said, stroking my cheek softly.

"Thank you, but I don't want to waste your money on insignificant household items. I'm sure there is plenty of other things worth spending your money on. Like the zoo. You can get Fabian a stuffed penguin. He loves penguins"

"When did you find that out?" "When we were watching the documentary. He couldn't look away" Marco nodded thoughtfully, "I'm still buying you whatever you want. There's no way you can get out of it. I would do anything for the woman I love"

I smiled softly at him and leaned forward. I kissed him with so much passion it started to hurt. Mainly because I wasn't breathing. We pulled apart, gasping for breathe.

"Move in with us" He panted.

I'd just lost my apartment and all my belongings. Maybe living with Marco and Fabian isn't such a bad idea. We could be a cute little family.

"I mean you don't have to. Your house has just burned down. You don't have anywhere to stay. I just thought that maybe you could stay with me. With us. If you don't want to that's okay. It was stupid of me to even think of it in the first place" I laughed, stopping Marco's rambling.

"You should really breath between monologues" I whispered. I swear his cheeks became pink. "Sorry, I ramble when I'm nervous" "Don't worry. So do I" I reassured him. He sighed, and kissed my forehead.

"So?" "So what?" I asked. "Will you move in with us?" I didn't even have to think about it. I had already made my decision. I nodded and Marco grinned at me.

His lips found mine and we kissed until Fabian squirmed, reminding us that he was in the room. We pulled apart and laid in silence. "My mother's leaving tomorrow so we can go shopping and come home without getting a lecture"

I laughed and then stopped, "What were you two conversing about the other day anyway?" I asked. Marco looked at me and hesitated.

"She thought that you were some kind of bimbo I was sleeping with" "You kind of are sleeping with me, so does that make me a bimbo?" I asked, frowning.

He shook his head, kissing my hand. "You're not some cheap whore you pick up on the corner of the street. You're my lover. The one I can't live without"

"Mmm. How noble of you" I whispered, closing my eyes. My eyelids were starting to feel heavier by the minute. I knew I would soon be out like a light.

"Indeed. I do see my self as the knight in shining armor. You can be my fair maiden if you wish" I heard him chuckle and I smiled.

"How about I sleep while you think of a nickname for me. Anything but fair maiden would be fantastic" His lips touched my cheek gently.

"How about Baby?" I shook my head, "Only if someone puts me in the corner" "Very funny" He mumbled. "Thank you. I try my best" We moved closer to each other and cuddled.

Fabian lay in between us, fast asleep. "Goodnight Addison" Marco whispered. "Goodnight Marco" I whispered back. I leaned my head on his chest, closing my eyes.

Fabian's hand was still wrapped around my finger and I kissed his hair as I fell asleep.