3//

*Marco De Luca POV*

My phone buzzed in my pocket and I pulled it out and read the text message. It was Eve; Fabian's pram had gotten caught in the elevator. I stood up and walked over to my office door.

I pulled it open and walked out, looking down the corridor. There were three women sitting in the waiting room, next to Cindy the receptionist.

Two of them noticed me and waved at me, trying to be sexy. I sighed; some people just try too hard. I heard the ding of the elevator and turned around.

Someone walked right into my chest and I looked down to see a woman. She had wavy light brown hair that was falling sexily down her back.

Her eyes were the prettiest hazel I've ever seen. "Oops, sorry" she said, stepping back. "No it wasn't your fault, I do apologize Miss..." I said.

I wanted to know her name so badly. "Addison. Addison Carter" She smiled at me, with that beautiful smile. Addison...what a pretty name.

"Oh yes, you are being interviewed to be my personal assistant, correct?" I asked. She looked slightly embarrassed and a light blush crept up her cheeks.

"You'll have to excuse me, I didn't know that it is your personal assistant I was applying for" she said. I looked her up and down.

She had a light blue skirt that came to her mid thigh, very sexy, a white button up and a light blue cardigan. She had a black leather shoulder bag that she was fiddling with, she looked so innocent.

Like an angel.

A business angel.

"That's okay. Every other woman seems to know, so you'll be coming in with an edge. Indifference" I said, wanting to caress her cheek.

I was so caught up in the beauty before me; I didn't notice Eve standing there with Fabian in his pram. "Eve, are you two okay?" I didn't want Fabian to be hurt, or Eve.

"All good," she replied laughing "Addie helped me pry the wheel from the elevators grasp" They both laughed and I couldn't help but look at Addison's gorgeous face.

Evelyn took Fabian into my office, without a word. I took the opportunity to ask Addison into my office. "Would you like to join us, Miss Carter? I have tea and coffee set up in my office, if you would like some?"

I motioned towards my office and her gorgeous eyes wandered over to the door. She quickly looked down at her watch, hesitantly.

"I would love to but I can't, I have to sign in for my interview in three minutes or they won't let me apply for the job" She looked down the corridor to where the women and Cindy were sitting.

They were all watching us, some even glared at Addison. Well I wasn't going to send her over there to get picked on. "Nonsense, I'll do the interview myself. Come in"

I gently ushered her into my office and closed the door behind me. Eve had already set up the floor for herself and Fabian. Addison was looking around the room, with wide eyes.

"Sit down, make yourself comfortable" I gestured towards the leather seats in front of my desk and she walked over and sat down.

I walked over to my desk and sat down, pulling out my requirements folder for my personal assistant.

"Do you have your résumé with you?" I asked looking up at her; she nodded and shuffled through her bag. She pulled out her neat résumé and handed it to me.

I read over it, looking at her previous jobs. She was first a receptionist at a hotel that belonged to my babysitters when I was a little boy. But I wasn't about to say that out loud.

"Okay, you worked at the Honey Harnabree Hotel as a receptionist. Mr and Mrs Harnabree left some lovely comments" I said, smiling at her.

She smiled back at me, and I nearly kissed her. She looked down at the floor and smiled. I looked over my desk and Fabian was tapping her leg with one of his toys.

He reached up his arms, something he did whenever he wanted you to pick him up.

"Can I pick him up?" She asked, looking up at me, I nodded watching her carefully. She reached down and gently picked Fabian up. She placed him on her lap and held his sides so he didn't fall.

He lifted his toy and tried to get Addison to take it. She showed him her hand and he placed it in her small palm. He grinned at her and she laughed.

He then leaned back into her and waved his arms at me. He was trying to get my attention; he does this every time he wants me to see something.

He looked up at Addison and then back at me grinning. I smiled back; he could definitely pick the good ones. He was showing me he liked her, very much actually.

I quickly glanced at Addison and she was already looking at me.

How is it that a woman like Addison can appear out of nowhere, just when you need them? I looked back down at her résumé. She was born on 19th of August, and she was currently 22.

She was pretty exceptional. She didn't drop out of school, she completed it. And now a few years later she's already had five jobs with amazing references.

This girl was amazing.

That's it. Screw those other try hard women.

She's got the job.

I closed her résumé and put the folder back in the draw. I slid the résumé across the table and she quickly packed it away. "Congratulations" I said, smiling at her.

Her nose scrunched up in confusion and she looked absolutely adorable. "You've got the job" I said. I stood up and took Fabian from her lap.

Her eyes widened, "Okay" she stood up, slightly stumbling but she didn't seem to notice. She put her bag over her shoulder as I handed Fabian to Eve.

I walked out of my office and down the corridor. "Cindy cancel all of the interviews for today and tomorrow, apologize to them and say that the job has been taken" I told Cindy, the receptionist.

I then turned towards the three women, "You are free to go. The position has been filled" I said and turned back into my office. "Mr De Luca-"

I cut her off, "Marco" I wanted to be on first name basis with her. "Marco then, are you not going to interview all the other people?" She asked looking slightly worried.

I sat down in my chair and shook my head. "But what if there is someone who is better than me and needs this job or something?" She asked, concerned.

"Well then they will find another job. Everyone gets turned down more than once in their lives" I said. "Okay then" she said sounding unsure.

"You start Monday, 9:30. Pens and other stationary requirements are supplied, I'll be showing you the ropes" I stated, pulling out the Evan's file. She nodded and started to walk out the door.

"Oh and your lunch hour starts at 1:30" I said after her. She nodded and walked out of the office. After she had left, Eve turned and wiggled her eyebrows at me.

She was like my kid sister. "Are you going to lock her in your office instead of her having a lunch break?" She asked jokingly. 

"Ha-ha. Very funny"