17//

*Marco De Luca POV*

I slammed the door shut as I walked inside. Not caring if I woke anyone up. I threw my jacket onto the couch as I passed and heard a small yelp.

I stopped walking and turned around. A guy sat up on the couch and groaned. "Who the hell are you?" I asked, cautiously.

"Casper. Addison's brother. We've met before, don't you remember? When you were screwing my sister instead of watching a stove" He replied, rubbing his eyes.

Now that I think about it, he does look familiar. Either it's because Addison and himself look similar or because I have met him before and forgot.

"How did you get inside? And why are you sleeping on my couch?" I questioned, rubbing my aching temple. Too much alcohol does that to you.

"Yeah, well Addison let me in before, then I left. But then I remembered I had nowhere to sleep for the night, so I broke in....again" He mumbled the last part sheepishly.

"Again?" I took a step back as he stood from the couch. "Yeah, Addison actually never let me in the first time. You need a better security system"

"Get out of my house" I pointed towards the front door. "No, Addison said I could stay here so I am a guest" He crossed his arms over his chest like a two-year-old.

"I thought you said you left and then broke in. That means Addison doesn't know you're here" I watched as his face dropped.

"I don't know who's here?" A voice asked. I turned around and saw Addison standing at the top of the stairs, holding Fabian.

"Hi Ads" Casper waved at her. Addison came down the steps and stood in front of us. "Did you break in again?" She asked.

"Yeah sorry, but I locked up behind myself so it's all good" He said, giving her a thumbs up. Addison shook her head and looked at me.

"And you, where have you been? I was worried about you" She said, frowning at me. "I was out" I looked at the floor, I wasn't too sure where she stood about drinking.

"Out where?" She pushed. "Out at a bar" I stated, I took Fabian from her arms and held him on my hip. "A bar?" She questioned.

"Yes a bar. I was drinking. Do you have a problem with that?" I snapped at her. She looked taken aback, but quickly looked away.

"Mumma!" Fabian said, reaching for Addison. I stared down at him astonished. Since when had he been talking? And why did he think Addison was his mother?

Addison took him from me as I stood there shocked. "What?" I asked dumbly. "Maybe if you were around more, you would've known he started talking" Addison mumbled, avoiding eye contact.

"What?" I asked again. It was the only thing I could think to say right now. "He started talking yesterday, when you went to the bathroom" She replied, taking him into the kitchen.

She pulled out his sippy cup and filled it with milk, handing it to Fabian. He started drinking it as he watched Casper and I.

"When I was in the bathroom? At the zoo?" I asked incredulously. I missed my son talking, to have sex with his biological mother?

I feel so stupid right now.

I can't believe I missed him talking for the first time.

"What was his first word?" I asked, staring at Fabian. "He said 'mumma'" Addison answered, eyeing me curiously.

"Mumma?" Fabian stopped drinking from his cup and looked up at me. "Mumma! Ma-ma-ma! Mumma!" He squealed, grinning at Addison.

"Um, excuse me?" Casper asked, looking hurt. "Why didn't anyone invite me to the zoo? You know I love the zoo Ads. Why didn't you call me? I would've replied"

Addison rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out at her brother. "Oh shut up. I had no idea you were anywhere near here, okay? I'm sorry for not inviting you"

"Aw, I forgive you. It's okay" Casper said, hugging Addison. He kissed her forehead and she laughed at him.

"Screw it, I'm going to bed" I stomped up the stairs, angrily and made my way to my bedroom. I laid in bed and tried to sleep.

After ten minutes I heard the door slowly squeak open. Addison laid down beside me and smiled at me. "Are you okay?" She asked.

I didn't really know if I was okay. I mean, what type of person sleeps with their ex while they're dating someone else? All the while, missing their son's first words.

"Yeah" I sighed, "I'm okay" I rolled over onto my side and just stared at her. "Are we okay?" I asked cautiously. "Yes, if course. Why wouldn't we be?" She asks, frowning.

"Oh, no reason...I just thought...That after me coming home drunk...You might..." She stroked my cheek gently, "I'm not mad you were drinking, but I wish you would have told me where you were going" She reassures me.

I nodded silently, guilt seeping in. Then a brilliant idea popped into my head.

"I'm going to say something crazy, okay? But you have to keep an open mind" I said. She nodded and waited for me to continue.

"I want to marry you" I whispered, caressing her cheek.

"What?" She asked, her eyes widening. "I want to marry you" I repeated, "And I want you to want to marry me as well"

She stared stunned at me, and didn't say anything. "Addison?" I asked, kissing her cheek. "O-okay" she mumbled. "Okay what?" I asked, hopeful.

"Okay, I'll marry you"

I beamed at her and kissed her passionately.

Finally, something good happens in this situation.