18//

*Addison Carter POV*

"Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry Addison. I thought you were after my son for his money. I'm so glad you two are getting married" Giulia gushed, hugging me tightly.

She kissed Fabian's cheek and he squealed. "Hello Fabian darling" She cooed, gently pinching his cheek. He whined and curled into my chest.

We were sat in Arden's cafe, after I had invited Marco's mother to lunch. Marco had already told her about the engagement.

Of course it wasn't an 'official' engagement as Giulia had told me. Because Marco hadn't bought me a ring and bent down on one knee, but it was still a proposal of some sort.

"That's okay, if it was my son I would have thought the same thing" I laughed forcedly. She laughed with me and then stopped abruptly.

"You know what I just realised? You need a dress! Let's go today after lunch! I know a few great places to look" She said, opening her bag to get out her phone.

She unlocked it and opened up a website. "Do you prefer lace or satin?" She asked, glancing up at me. "Lace" I answered. She nodded and started scrolling through her phone.

"Hello ladies, are we ready to order?" Arden asked, smiling at me. "Can I get the grilled chicken wrap please?" I asked. It was Arden's secret recipe, it was amazing.

"Sure thing, and for my favourite little man a strawberry jam sandwich" He said, ruffling Fabian's hair. Fabian grinned at him and giggled. Giulia gave him an odd look.

"I'll have the tuna salad" Giulia asked and handed him the menu, dismissively. He smiled tightly at her and then left to the kitchen.

"Do you know that boy?" She asks, following Arden with her eyes. "Yes he's a friend of mine. Fabian and I come here often" I explain. She doesn't look amused.

"How does this look?" Giulia asked quickly, showing me her phone. There was a picture of a lace wedding dress that had a ribbed bodice and it went to about ankle length.

"I don't like the ribbed bodice and it's not as long as I would like it" I commented, pointing to the bodice. She nodded, furrowing her brow.

"Okay, I'll keep looking" She said, going back to her phone. "Mumma" Fabian said, looking up at me. "Yes baby?" He pointed to my water glass and licked his lips.

"No, baby. That's not for you. I'll get your drink for you" I reached down and got out his sippy cup and filled it with water from the bottle on the table. I handed it to him and he sipped from it.

Giulia is watching him with a confused expression. "He talks?" She asks. "Yes, he only knows Mumma though. But he's getting really good at communicating" I tell her.

She nodded stiffly and then looked back down at her phone. "What about this?" Giulia asked again. I looked over at the picture and gasped. "That's gorgeous!" I say.

"I know, isn't it just. It's the only one of its kind. You won't find this anywhere else. Lucky for you my friend made this so we'll be able to get a discount"

"Okay, cool. Where is it?" I asked. "Her boutique is just around the corner. We can go after lunch" She said, smiling at me. "Fantastic" I beamed.

"Here you go ladies. One grilled chicken wrap, one tuna salad, and one strawberry jam sandwich. Enjoy" He placed our plates in front of us and then left.

After lunch we headed over to Giulia's friend, Annette's shop with Fabian on my hip. "This is it" Giulia said, stopping in front of a store.

The boutique was very 'frilly', as in white lace frills covering the front window and the doorway and anywhere else that they would fit.

Fabian was scowling at the frills and slapping them as we walked in. "Giulia! Darling!" A woman cried she rushed over to Giulia and kissed both her cheeks.

"Annette! How lovely to see you! This is my soon-to-be daughter-in-law, Addison. And you remember my grandson Fabian" Annette smiled at me and Fabian.

"Nice to meet you Addison. Congratulations on the engagement, Giulia told me all about it" She rushed, pulling me in for a surprise hug.

"Oh, nice to meet you too. Have you met Fabian before?" I asked, curiously. "Oh, yes. When he was a tiny little thing. He's gotten so big" She cooed, smiling down at Fabian.

Fabian wasn't sure about her and cuddled closer to me. "He's just started talking too Annette, he only knows one word but his baby voice is adorable" Giulia gushed.

"How cute, what word is it?" She asked. Giulia turned to me and smiled. "It's 'Mumma'. He's very attached to Addison" Fabian snuggled into my neck proving her point.

"So are we looking for a wedding dress?" Annette asked. "Yes, this one" Giulia showed her the picture on her phone and Annette giggled.

"That's my favourite one" She guided us over to the change rooms and went to get the dress. I placed Fabian on the floor with his bag and gave him his teddy.

"Okay here it is. Try it on" Annette handed me the dress and I stepped into the dressing room. I undressed and gently pulled on the dress.

I stepped out and Annette zipped me up. "Oh, Addison. You look stunning!" Giulia said, wiping away a tear from her cheek.

I spun around in the mirror, admiring the dress. The front reached to the floor and the train ran a meter behind me. It was white lace with a heart shape cut out at the back.

It had some jewels lining the bodice and it was strapless. "I love it" I whispered looking at my reflection. I looked amazing, like I was going to a royal ball.

I looked over to Fabian and he was grinning at me, he put his hands to his face and giggled. I blew him a kiss and he blew me one back.

"This is the one" I said, spinning again. "Definitely" Giulia agreed. "Fantastic! I'll ring it up!" Annette said, going to the counter as I carefully got out of the dress.

We payed for the dress (using Marco's money of course) and headed out of the store. I had just bought my dream wedding dress.

And soon I would marry the man of my dreams.