Chapter 28

Logan's P.O.V.

        It had been seven years since I had lost Shyanne. The pack was thriving though. It no longer hurt to think about her. Instead it made me smile, thinking of her laughter and her soft kisses. I missed her of course, I always would, but I decided that my pack deserved more than me moping around the house all day, like I had the first couple months. I decided to pull myself together after Mackenzie confronted me about it.

       I buttoned up my white dress shirt and pushed the sleeves to my elbows. I looked in the mirror and swept a hand through my damp hair. The hot shower had made me feel better. I brushed my teeth and went down the stairs to the third floor. I tentatively knocked on the door with two fingers. 

        She opened the door and smiled up at me, her brown eyes shining. Her teal, knee length dress was tied with a brown, braided belt around the midsection, matching her heeled wedges. Her hair was pulled up into a bun with tendrils of dark  hair framing her face. I bowed dramatically and she curtsied.

        "Are you ready," I asked, referring to our first date. I had finally let Luke talk me into asking her and she surprisingly accepted the offer.

      "Yes, I'm ready. Let's go," Mackenzie said. I smiled and we walked downstairs together, where we were met with a charging Mason, who held a Nerf gun pointed at me.

       "You should set that thing down before you hurt yourself kid," I teased the six year old. He narrowed his eyes and shook his head. It annoyed him when I called him kid, which was exactly why I did it.

         "Mase, do what Alpha Logan tells you," Aaliyah halfheartedly scolded her son. Mason stomped his foot and poked his lip out in a pout. 

        He marched down the hall only to be carried back out seconds later by his father, tickling him as he was slung over his shoulder. Mason squealed and yelled at Gage to stop, but Gage wasn't repenting. His father walked over and dropped him on the couch, and tickled him again. The kid looked like he was about to pre himself. 

         I chuckled and shook my head. I led Mackenzie out to the car and opened her door. She slid in and I quickly did the same on the opposite side. 

        Mackenzie grabbed my hand and softly held it as I pulled out of the long drive. She had been so supportive of me ever since Shyanne died, which I was grateful for because I knew I didn't deserve it. Especially from her. 

        We got to the restaurant ten minutes later and I held the door open for her, feeling somewhere inside me that I was opening the door so we could walk into a new chapter of life…

The End.