Chapter 6

It was dark and I couldn't see much of anything, even with my excellent eyesight. I turned my head every which way, but I didn't know what I was searching for. I started running, and I didn't know where I was going. I just let my feet carry me. I ended up in the clearing, where the Alpha's did their challenges and screamed.

       The pile of broken and bloodied bodies were all members of my pack. Aaliyah, Mom, Dad, Mackenzie, Abby, Jeremy, Darius, Kollyn, Celeste, and Cody. Their glazed eyes all stared back at me, blank and lifeless. I never stopped screaming. I turned to run, but he was there. Logan looked down at me in his Lycan form. "Where are you running to, little Omega?" 

       I turned and ran but he was there again. He was everywhere and I couldn't get away from him. I fell to my knees and cried. "Logan, don't do this," I pleaded. It was useless though. They were all dead already. His canines extended before he leaned down to me. His beautiful eyes were the last thing I saw before he plunged his teeth into my neck.

       I jolted awake. He was standing over me, his hands on my shoulders. I jumped up quickly and scrambled back in my bed, not wanting to be anywhere near him. "Stay away from me," I said. I felt the lump in my throat and realized I was crying. I wiped my tears away and looked him in his cold, ice blue eyes.

       "You were having a nightmare," he stated matter of factly. "You wouldn't stop screaming so I had to wake you up so that I could finally get some decent sleep," he said.

       I took a deep breath. "Well then I'm sorry to wake you, Alpha," I spat. His eyes hardened even more and his jaw locked. He stood up silently and walked out of my room. I sighed in relief then curled back under my covers. I lay in a fetal position, trying to wipe the nightmare from my mind, but my efforts were in vain. The image was burned in my brain. 

        My whole family was dead and it was his fault. I know he didn't actually do it and it was all a figment of my wild imagination, but it was still there, locked in my memories with no hope of ever getting out. Finally, I managed to fall back into a dreamless sleep this time. 

         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        I've been dragging along all day. School was complete torture for me. My arm was okay enough to be put in a brace instead of a cast-like bandage, but luckily, no one here cared or liked me enough to ask what happened because I have no idea what I would tell them. This thought only made me realize that I need friends. 

        I walked into to English lit, and he was already there. He was seated directly in the middle of the classroom yet again, with girls surrounding him on all sides. It looked like he was actually encouraging some of them and I rolled my eyes. He looked like the playboy type of guy. Kind of.

        I sat in the far corner again, but this time, a guy came to sit beside me and a girl sat beside him. The guy turned to look at me with a smile on his face. He was actually kind of cute, but he didn't compare to Gage, and definitely not Logan. 

       "Hi," he said. "I'm Ryan." I gave him a small smile.

       "Shyanne," I said. He smiled wider and the girl beside him leaned forward. 

       "Shyanne is a really pretty name. I'm Krystal," she said. I smiled politely and said "Nice to meet you both." I was grateful when the professor walked in and started the lesson. It's not that I wasn't happy to meet new people, but I wasn't a very social person and all the friends that I did have were from the pack, and I didn't even have those.

        I diligently took notes and listened to the professor. Even though it was only the second day of school, the professor told us that we had to do a creative writing assignment that was a pure work of fiction. Then he dismissed us and I gathered my things to leave.