Chapter 9

Logan's P.O.V.

        I was hesitant to knock on her door. I don't know how long I had been standing there, but I just couldn't knock. What if she was asleep? It was silent on the other side of the door and the lights were off but I couldn't hear her breathing either.

       What would I say anyways? Just apologize and hope she forgives me? I'll grovel on my knees if that's what it would take to make her happy. Why did I have to screw up so badly? I sighed and pressed my forehead to the door. I needed to male this right somehow, but what if she doesn't forgive me? She was right. It was my fault that she got stuck walking in the rain. 

       I was grateful that Gage was able to find her but I didn't like the way they were acting towards each other. Like they were a couple. I wanted to rip his head off when I saw the way he was touching her, carrying her, but I was scared of hurting her even more. A thought struck me. What if they were a couple? What if that's why she was so reluctant to be with me? 

       So many questions were running through my mind right now but to answer those questions, I'd have to gain her trust and I wanted that more than anything. I wanted her to trust me, rely on me. I wanted her to be mine.

       Suddenly, the air was pressing against me and the most wonderful scent filled my nose. I snapped my head up and saw Shyanne standing at the top of the staircase, watching me with a scrutinizing expression. I stepped away from the door, feeling awkward to be caught standing there like a creep. She walked past me and went into her room. Without thinking, I pushed my way in before she could close the door.

       "What are you doing," she asked in her sweet melodic voice, but her tone was anything but sweet. It was hostile. I took a deep breath, inhaling her scent but then I let it go.

       "I'm sorry. About everything. I don't understand what's happening to me and it's become harder to control myself." She glared at me and then reached to pull her hoodie off. 

       I had never seen her without a hoodie, except for when I met her in the woods, but I hadn't been paying attention then. Her white tank top was wet and clinging to her perfect frame and I could see the black sports bra through the thin material. I sucked in a sharp breath and reluctantly pulled my gaze away just in time to catch her eyes. 

       "Will you leave now?" Her voice was cold and clipped. "Gage is waiting for me in his room if you don't mind." Oh I minded. I minded a lot. I clenched my fists, wanting to go let Gage know what was mine and that I don't share. "What are you doing in his room," I pushed out between my teeth. 

       Her eyes narrowed and she looked angry. "I don't think that's any of your business," she said. A pulse of anger flashed through me but I held it back. "We can do whatever we want in his room," she continued. I literally saw red in my vision. What was she implying? That they were about to have sex in his room? I growled at the thought of his hands touching her like that. 

        Without thinking it through, I ran to her and pushed her against the wall. Mark her! My lycan wanted to take her all to myself. With that thought, I brought my mouth down to the base of her throat. This is my chance. All I had to do was pierce the skin and she'd be almost completely mine. I kissed and sucked softly at the hollow of her throat.

       She reacted immediately and I loved it. She pushed her long, thin fingers into my hair and held onto me. Maybe she wanted me after all. I had just started to feel her with my teeth. She tasted even better than I had imagined. 

       Once I started to nibble her neck, getting ready to sink my teeth into her, she pushed me away, her eyes wide. I was confused. I thought she wanted me. It smelled like she wanted me and I could feel the heat pulsing between her legs, even from here. She was turned on and I felt smug at the thought that I was the one to be able to do that.