Chapter 23

I woke up, literally tangled in the sheets. I tried to get out, because I really had to pee, but ended up rolling on the floor beside the bed. I grunted and Logan shot up in a sitting position, looking around in alarm. 

       "Shyanne?" God his morning voice was even more sexy than his velvety soft one. I swallowed and said "I'm okay." He leaned over to look down at me from the bed. He started laughing when he saw me still trapped in the sheets on the floor. I finally managed to twist my way out of it and stood up. 

       His laughter died down after his eyes scanned over my naked body and I smirked. Someone knocked on the door and told us it was time for breakfast. Logan looked back at me, his eyes pleading as a wolfish grin spread across his face. 

       "Time for a quickie?" 

       My smirk grew and I shook my head. "Nope. I need to pee. Also, you shouldn't have laughed at me." His hopeful expression  fell and I walked into the bathroom with a smug smile and shut the door behind me to do my business and slowly got dressed when I stepped out, knowing that Logan's eyes never left me as I did so. 

       "You know this is pure torture right," he said from the bed, which he had not even attempted to get up from. I smiled and nodded. "That's exactly why I'm doing it," I said. I zipped up my pants and threw a shirt over my torso and ran out of the door when he stood up and took a step towards me.

       I was lightly panting when I got to the dining room and everyone was staring at me when I came in. There were many more people than we had met last night. I cleared my throat and dipped my head. 

       "Um… Good morning everyone," I said. Most of them mumbled back but some of them stayed quiet and stared at me, which was just plain rude, but I ignored it and sat in the middle of a set of three empty chairs that was across from Lukas. He gave me a friendly smile which I returned. 

       A few moments later, Logan came down, looking calm and collected, but the glance he threw at me said that we had unfinished business and I smiled. He took a seat next to me and all the seats were filled except for the one on the other side of me. I looked around, searching to see if I noticed anyone was missing. Not anyone that I knew of, as far as I could tell.

       I scanned the people seated at the table again and one man caught my eye. He seemed to be about my age, his dirty blonde, shaggy hair reminded me of Gage. He was staring blankly at the table, not looking around, but I could see his strange eyes.

       They were glazed over. Like they had a milky film over it and it seemed to be so this that you couldn't see his pupils or iris. I figured maybe he was blind but suddenly his head snapped up, causing him to look directly at me. I didn't turn away though. I wasn't ashamed or embarrassed to be caught staring. His lips turned up at one corner in a smirk. 

       I only turned away when I heard someone say my name. I looked over to Logan, who was looking at me intensely. He didn't say anything else. We just stared at each other.

       Hunter spoke to a woman beside him, and I figured she was the Luna because she was the same woman from the painting. "Genevieve, where the hell is Xavier?" The woman shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know dear. If he wants to come down then he knows when breakfast starts," the woman, Genevieve, answered.

      As if on cue, we heard footsteps coming down the stairway. A moment later, a man, whom I'm guessing to be Xavier, walked in. It was the other man from the painting, the one that I thought had looked familiar. He paused for a second and his eyes scanned the table. His eyes stopped on me and his mouth parted slightly. He looked surprised, mixed with something else but, as always, I couldn't tell what it was because I was trash when it came to reading emotions.