Chapter Twelve Part IV

I instinctively knew this dream was, well, a dream. It couldn't be real, right? It made no sense.

I was dreaming about Simon and me, but Derek was there too. We were all sitting in a triangle, Derek at the farthest point and Simon closest to me. Just then Simon leaped up, and went over to Derek. Derek stood up to, but I was rooted to my seat. I couldn't even open my mouth. At fist they were just talking to each other. Then it looked as if they had started arguing. Then they were, yelling, screaming, even, at each other. I could only tell from the expressions on each other's faces, seeing as I couldn't hear anything either.

I wonder why that is.

They started to shove each other then. And I couldn't do anything to stop it. I waved my arms frantically, seeing as only my arms and my torso could move. After that idea didn't work I tried to find out what was clamping my lips together. I felt strange lumps over my mouth, and I couldn't tell where they ended or began. I could feel my vocal cords working, but no sound was produced, so I couldn't tell what I was doing.

I put my head in my hands and I felt more little ridges on my ears, making them feel like little pea-pods because they were all folded up like that. I imagined that they looked that way to. Why would anyone do that to ears?

I looked back up to see if the fighting had stopped yet, and I looked up to see them fist fighting. They were both bleeding, and I saw that Simon had almost...grown. He looked taller than he did before, and I felt that feeling in my throat increase, making it really uncomfortable. Just then I noticed that there was black thread looking stuff connecting my legs to the ground. I looked around and I saw a sharp looking stone I was certain hadn't been there before.

I took it and started to saw the thread stuff off. Once I had unthreaded all of it I noticed that it was surgical grade thread, made for stitches. My hands flew up to my mouth where I felt the ridges. I took the stone and tried to cut whatever was on my lips. Oh my god, this really hurts! I thought to myself. Once I cut through one of them I started unthreading the thread. It was more stitches, and after I pulled them away, I tasted blood in my mouth. Huge amounts were coming out of my wounds, which were little holes where the stitches were. I looked down to see that it was not only going down my throat, but onto me as well.

That coppery taste made me want to vomit, but I held back my nausea, and started hacking away at the thread on my ears. I noticed then that the pain in my throat was increased ten-fold and I stopped cutting to put my hand in front of my mouth. I was screaming. That was the feeling I had in my throat. From the feel of the airflow I was putting it all out. I could literally feel my throat going raw, but I couldn't find a way to stop screaming.

I continued sawing at the surgical thread on my ears, and one of them cut so I started to unthread it. I still didn't hear anything. No. Wait. I could hear some things, they were just really quiet. I finished freeing my other ear, and all the sounds flooded into my brain. Me, screaming, and the sounds of skin on skin contact. I felt more wetness dripping down the sides of my neck, and I reached up to find that my ears were bleeding profusely, too.

I looked up and I saw that Simon now towered over Derek, and was beating him senseless. "Derek!" I screamed. "No! Don't hurt him!" I stood up and ran over to Simon, and started to pound him with my fists. He turned around and looked down at me. He started shrinking right before my eyes. I was crying now.

"Simon! Stop hurting Derek! Why would you do that to him!" Just then I noticed that the bleeding had stopped, and there was no trace of blood on my clothes. However, I still had that nasty coppery taste in my mouth that made me wasn't to vomit.

"You," he said.

"Wha--," I started to say, but he cut me off. By kissing me. I started struggling to get away from him, but suddenly I couldn't move my arms or legs. I stood there, the only thing that held me up was Simons hands. They were roaming around my backside, and they finally settled on the small of my back, crushing me to him. I was crying so hard I couldn't even see anything.

Then my arms, not in my command, rose around his neck, and the kiss deepened. Then my body did things that I didn't want it to do. My legs climbed his, and they hooked around his waist. One of my arms went to caress his cheek, and I cold do nothing to stop it. Then our mouths opened, and that kiss seared me in it's one sided passion. It was an onslaught of emotions, and I could only cry. I didn't wasn't any of these things to happen.

Then the worst part unfolded before my eyes. I saw Derek. He was just watching us, with a horrified expression on his face. Just then Simon broke the kiss, and I got one word out. "No."

Then I lapsed in to a welcoming darkness.