Necromancy Senses Part IV (Chapter Twenty Two)

All the sudden Tori and I looked at each other. "Tori, can you tell me what's wrong here?"

"Why can't I hear anything?"

"Because there's nothing to hear."

Then a giant crashing sound was heard.

~~

Chloe would've thought that she would end up back in that dammed meadow. But no...she was floating in emptiness. She was just floating in a giant black void, unable to move or speak. It was like she was encased in amber. She could see translucent shapes fluttering through the darkness, luminous and bright. But...every time she actively tried to find them they would disappear, dissolving into the darkness.

Oddly enough, they didn't scare her. Her true emotions were almost non-existent. Like they were encased in a glass wall. SHe could vaguely feel a burning curiosity, but it was so deeply trenched in her mind, it barely touched her.

Two eyes suddenly appeared out of the darkness, blue with black sclera, looking like melted sapphires.

It looked like she didn't have to pass a trial to meet this one.

~~

I rushed downstairs, just as people started to flood the house. Guns were held in iron grips, and I could sense the magic, as it were a tangible thing. Wolves and lions and a plethora of other animals came rushing in as well. I heard a few screams, and the sound of breaking glass.

I heard a faint chant of, "Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit!" emanating from one of the adjacent rooms, and I knew that we had been found.

The Cabals were here.

But the overwhelming question was...

How did they know?

~~

"Hello, there," tinkled an innocent sounding voice.

Chloe just floated there, unable to say anything.

"I am the last test. Do not worry, you have no trials to face, you just need to know the answer to my question."

Suddenly Chloe was able to nod her head in affirmation.

"I am all that you are,

bottled up in your jar.

We are one,

but you know me none.

Unlock me,

and the powers that be,

will come loose,

and be of your use.

I am your shadow.

I follow where you go.

You will never escape me.

You need to embrace me.

So given the choice,

between knowing and not,

is the wise choice here,

to accept me,

or not?"

Chloe answered without hesitation, after finding her voice.

"I accept myself."

"You made a wise choice, Chloe...,"

~~

"Derek!"

I heard a panicked voice to my left, and I saw Simon running towards us.

"Derek, we need to get out of here!" That belonged to Tori, a serious look taking hold of hr expression.