Chapter Three

We were all scrambling for Kit's van in about ten minutes. It's amazing how fast one can go from calm to severely panicked in only a few minuets. We were all scrambling for the car and our bags were dragging, and we were all freaking out. I kept bumping into Tori on the way to the van, which is only a couple of blocks away. It took all of my will not to shout and scream and rant at how unfair this is. I didn't choose this life, I know it had great benefits, but were they really worth it?

We finally made it to the van, and we shoved all our stuff in and hoped in the seats and started driving.

We had been driving for sometime when the gas was almost out, and we stopped to fill it up. It seemed to take forever. We were almost done when I felt Derek tense. "What is it?" I was really worried. This was just to much to handle in one night.

"I. No it's nothing." He sighed and mumbled something about supernatural senses.

We were about to hop back in the car, Derek and I were in the back, when suddenly Derek shouted, "NO, WA--," but by then we could do nothing. Out of the blue came six different wolves. And, because I heard that wolves weren't around in Leesburg, I knew right away they were werewolves. All of us made a dead sprint for the van, but one got a hold of me and was dragging me backwards. I let out my loudest slasher movie girl scream, in hope to hurt it's ears. Of course, that had no effect on the thing, so I started flailing my body in different directions hoping to phase that beast. All that did was get two more wolves to secure me.

"Derek! Help!" I screamed the only thing that I could think. "Please, please help me. Someone help." I heard Derek growl and I wondered what the other three wolves were doing. I struggles to lift my head up, and I saw that Derek was in his wolf form, fighting the other three. I let me head fall down again, but not after I noticed that the van was gone, along with Tori, Aunt Lauren, Simon, and Kit.

They left us. Why would they leave us. Why? And then I faded to the blackness.

I was floating, again. This time I was floating above Lyle House. I wondered why I was floating over here. All I remember about this place is that it was that I hated it there and that they served horrible food.

"Ah, little tiny girl, you are here because you have made a strong imprint there. A strong enough piont as to where I can transport you in your "dreams". Of course, as you probably realize that these are more than dreams, right?"

"Why didn't you tell me about the werewolves? I wanted that information."

"Ah, because you didn't ask for specific information, so I picked what I wanted to. You see, little necromancer, with me you have to be very specific with what you want. And, remember information demands a payment. And, it will be different every time," he warned me.

Okay I needed to think things through. I wanted to know where I were being taken, who took me, and if they took Derek. "What's the price this time?" I asked nervously.

"I want a favor one that I can call up at anytime, anyplace no matter what your doing."

I thought about that long and hard. "I don't accept your offer."

"Smart little necromancer. You chose right. For that I give you one freebie. Anything you want o know I can tell you."

Again I was tempted to ask the first question in my head. But I thought this through. "Can this be a rollover thing? Maybe I want to know something in the future. Will that work?" His vague eyes seemed to glitter in the poor lighting.

"Of course." And then I woke up.

I woke in a small room with chains attached to the wall, I couldn't see Derek anywhere. But, then I could only see about three feet around where I was sitting. The wall I was sitting next to was white and bare, only the chains attached to the wall were there. Just hen I noticed a little glint of something in the darkness. It looked like someone had dropped something. I got my foot to nudge it my way and I saw that it was a piece of wire. I picked it up and looked at my cuffs, trying to find a keyhole. I found one and I bended the wire into the shape I wanted it to be so I could pick the lock. Thank God for those boring lessons of escape Kit had taught us.

I undid the lock, and I noticed something in the darkness. I guess my eyes had finally adjusted to the blackness of the room. I crawled towards it, and for some reason the light followed me like a spot-light. There against the wall a skeleton hung. Except it wasn't completely skeletonized, it still had tendons and pieces of flesh still hung form the things body.

I knew what I had to do. I focused really hard and I visualized putting the ghost back in it's corpse. It was sick, but I needed information form whoever took me captive. All the sudden heard a chilling noise come from the skeleton. A guttural snarl."Take down the door, please." I watched it get up and move towards the door. Then it launched its body onto the door. It did that repeatedly until cracks started to form in the door, which was made of wood. "Stop," it stopped. "Pick up that chain over there so you don't have to keep using your body." It obeyed.

Soon thereafter a huge crack formed in the door which became a hoe that I could slip through, I turned around and unlocked the door. "Follow and protect me from any harm, okay?" It nodded.

I turned around and continued to walk down the hallway. When I bumped into someone. I looked up to see, a tall man. He looked about six foot seven, and he had curly brown hair. "Attack," I commanded. The corpse leapt forward out of the shadows and onto the man. He looked surprised then he snapped his fingers and a dagger was up against my neck. The man breathed in my ear, let the corpse go and I'll let you go alive. "Halt," I concentrated really hard and imagined releasing the spirit with many apologies. The corpse went down dead, once more.

"W-w-w-who are y-y-you?"

"Ha, child I'm the leader of these good people, or rather animals, here."

I looked at him confused. Then I put two and two together. "Y-y-y-your the P-P-Pack l-leader? Aren't y-you?"

"And she finally gets it. Bravo child, I expected a much from you. My name is Adrian. Pleasure to meet you."