Chapter Two

We finally got back to the hotel, even though I felt like we needed more time. But, we had a curfew, and we had to keep that curfew if we were to be trusted. We went inside and down the hall to our respected rooms. I shared a room with Aunt Lauren and Tori. Derek shared a room with Kit and Simon. It was definitely a tight fit, but we made it work, as best we could anyways. There would always be a problem, but what can you do.

I leaned up onto my tip-toes and kissed Derek good-night. We kissed longer that I thought we would, not that I minded, but my toes were starting to hurt. I broke apart from him, and we were both panting. We smiled at each other and went our separate ways.

"Aunt Lauren?" I whispered as I walked in the door, "are you there?"

"Yeah, I'm here. And Chloe I need to have a talk with you."

"About what?"

"Well, you and Derek are getting really close, and I th--"

"Whoa, there. We don't need to talk about . . . that. I still remember perfectly what your last conversation entails." I didn't even notice but I looked over and saw Tori shaking with silent laughter.

"Well, yes but, Chloe you'll tell me right?" She was being kind of weird about it, but I would.

"Of course. Why wouldn't I?"

She sighed in relief, "Okay, lets go to bed," she said. I nodded my head in agreement. I crawled under the sheets and sighed, this time in pleasure. The sheets were refreshingly cool against my flushed skin. It was heaven, and I was leaving it tomorrow. I would be dirty and grimy and wouldn't sleep in a real bed for ages. To say I wasn't looking forward to it was an understatement. I really didn't want to go. But everything was going fuzzy, and I didn't care anymore.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I was floating, high in the air. I was looking down of my dad's house. I sighed. I really missed my dad. Granted he wasn't around all the time, but he genuinely cared. He was going to spend time with me when I got out of Lyle House, but I never did get out of Lyle House. I escaped from it, but that didn't count, not really. When I did escape, he placed half a million on my head. That was a tear-jerker for me.

"Little girl," a menacing whisper sounded. "Little necromancer girl, look over here," he called. I jerked my head around trying to place where the whisper had come from. How did he know I was a necromancer?

"I'm over here little girl," he cat-called. I turned around to only see a spectral shape. "I have information for you, but do you really want it?"

I was confused. "Of course I want it," I stated.

"Well then you have to tell me more about that little boyfriend of yours, you know the werewolf."

"W-w-w-why d-do you w-w-w-want to k-k-know ab-b-bout Derek?"

"Because I want information, and you want to know my information, info for info, a fair trade I would think."

"W-w-what do y-y-you w-want to k-know?"

"How often does he change?"

"W-w-w-w-why d-do y-y-you w-w-want to k-know th-that?"

"Just because. Now tell me."

God this was stressing me out. It was so bizarre and I didn't know how he could even understand me through my stutter. "O-once ever o-other w-w-week."

"Good, good," he said, though I couldn't remember what we were talking about.

"N-now I w-w-want the information."

"Ah, yes the information, you see I recently heard that the Cabal group is looking for you. I also saw that they were hot on your trail, so you see I would get moving little girl. The indistinct face I saw twisted in a smile that was more like a snarl.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I woke up. I was drenched in my sweat, and I was freezing. "Aunt Lauren!" I got out of bed and started to shake her. "Aunt Lauren! We have to go! Now!"

"Wha...?" she mumbled.

"Wake up!" I practically screamed. "We have to go now! A ghost just came to me in my sleep!" She was fully awake and listening at that point. "It said the Cabal's were looking for us and they are close!"

She got a steely look on her face. "Go wake the boys. I'll pack our things and wake up Tori." I nodded and rushed out to the hallway. I started furiously knocking on their door until Derek answered, with bleary, sleep filled eyes.

"We have to go! The Cabal's have practically found us! A ghost just told me!" Derek's eyes widened in shock, then he rush back into the room and started to shake Kit and Simon awake. I heard him mumble the quick version of what I just said and in a second Kit was up and running.

The Cabal's, they had nearly found us. Thank you ghost! I sent out from my head.