Chapter Nine

I shrieked, and tried to get him off of me. I shook my leg so hard that I thought it was going to pop out of its socket. Back over somewhere I heard a great banging, and it sounded like some monstrous beast was pounding down a giant metal door. I shrieked, again, a sound of pure terror. I continued to squeal for help, until one unexpected helper came along.

At first I thought it was only a cat. Then the form rippled, and it was...Derek? He leaped onto Nigel, and pulled him off of me. Nigel retaliated by biting deeply into Derek's arm. It didn't seem to faze Derek, as he just ripped Nigel's head off, and transformed into a Tiger. A tiger with eyes as green as sea glass, or maybe emeralds.

Whoa there Chloe now is not the time to be day-dreaming about Derek's eyes.

But....

NO! Go help him you moron! I sniffed. My conscious just called me a moron. So much for Jiminy cricket.

While I had debated with myself, Derek had gotten bunches done. He had ripped off the head of the vampire and had shifted back to his human form. Just then I heard some loud voices and scrabbling of many claws on tile floor. Uh-oh. Derek just grunted meaningfully and grabbed me by the wrist, tugging me along with him.

"D-D-Derek?" He just grunted again and pulled me faster. I swear by the time the Pack had found us we were going way over seven miles an hour. Just then I noticed that his arm was still bleeding. Badly.

He stopped at an intersection of hallways, not even breathing hard. Me? I was panting, and my feet barley skimmed the ground half the time. He kept looking in both directions, panic growing on his face. I heard the click, click, click of nails getting closer and I knew that we had to make a decision. All Derek did was turn around.

I looked up at his face and was almost frightened of what I saw there. Scratch that, I was frightened of what I saw there. I saw no trace of the Derek I loved there. All I saw was bestial fury.

They charged us head-on, no hesitations what so ever. I saw five changed werewolves, and ten or more non-changed werewolves. Great. I steeled myself, because I knew what I had to do. I sent out one concentrated blast of my power, and hoping this worked, I called out my summonings.

Derek leaped into the thrall flash changing in mid-air. This time he was a lion, and boy did he roar. He let out one continuous bone-rattling roar, and the transformed 'wloves ran away with their tails between their legs. Most of the humans looked ready to bolt too, but they didn't regrettably. Just then I heard big clomping steps coming down the hallway, along with littler scraping noises, and I screamed, "Attack!"

Grr. That had sounded so anti-climactic in real life, when in my head it sounded powerful and awe-inspiring. It had the right affect though, because little bunnies and assorted other woodland creatures were biting, and scratching with all their might. I heard a scream and looked over to my left. I let out one shriek, before I realized it was only Nigel.

Oh, God, Nigel with no head! He was kicking and punching, but the werewolf was dodging and deflecting with equal fever. I gestured to the small woodland animals, then gestured back to the werewolf poor, dead, Nigel was attacking. He was taken over in a matter of minuets; we did that with each of the remaining people. The ones Derek hadn't eaten, that is.

When we had finished off everybody, Derek thumped my side with his still wet lion nose. I heard a deep sound that reverberated through my chest. He jerked his head over his shoulder. I didn't get it. After another couple of runs at this he growled and stuck his head underneath my legs. I fell over onto him and his chest grumbled again, this time I could only feel it though. I think he is laughing at me. I sat up straighter and gripped his mane. He bounded forward in big rushing steps, and soon we were running so fast all I could see was blur.

We skidded to a stop and we were barricaded by a wall of people. I could see the exit just beyond them, waiting to be used. Just then I noticed nobody was moving. Or, not. They weren't moving, their teeth were. They were lengthening slowly, and their eyes all started to glow an eerie shade of red, just like Nigel's.

I slipped off of Derek, because I didn't want to be on his back when he leaped to attack them. And just as I expected, Derek leaped in again right after I got off his back. I summoned the creatures again, not that they ever stopped following me, and told them to attack. In my head this time. By the time we had ripped off the heads of about three vampires (Yes, you have to rip their heads off. Their UNDEAD!) something called out, and they all stopped.

After they parted like the Red sea, two shadowy figures stepped out of the gloom. The lighting fixed itself and the two figures turned out to be none other than Adrian and Ash. They were holding hands and each wore a ring on their left hand, on the ring finger. Oh, well, I would say good for them, but right now I am escaping, so not gonna, I thought to myself, shocked.

Just as Adrian opened his mouth, the Exit burst open in a cacophony of light and sound. Liz was there floating, and behind them were the figures of Andrew, aunt Lauren, Tori, and Simon. Then in a cheery voice Tori said, "Leave them alone, and maybe we won't kill you." Sparks flew from her fingertips and she snarled the words. Behind her everyone else tensed up ready for battle.