Chapter 1: The Bus Trip

Hey, my name's James, I'm currently in my school bus, going to a chess tournament. Yep, I'm one of those guys, I play chess, and Minecraft, I'm really nerdy, I do lots of extra curricular activities and I'm in the top maths class and I'm the top student of that class, plus I'm pretty tall, at about 6 foot 5.
So we're currently on our way to the tournament, this is the state finals in Victoria, Australia, it has 27 different schools in it, and we're probably going to lose. On our team is Zac, a short kid with light brown hair always with RayBan sunnies on his head, there is also Andy, a gaming nerd, but more focused on VCE subjects, excluding subjects like maths and English, and there's David, he's taller than me, probably the tallest at school at about 6 foot 6" and he decided not to come today and play Forza Horizon 4 instead. Including me, that's all year 10s that are here. The only other person is  PJ (no, not Percy Jackson), he is currently year 12, and I have no idea how he has time for this but he's here anyway, and we need him, he's our best player, ranked at about 950, and the heighest rank in the tournament today is about 1850, yeah, like I said, we're going to lose.
"Hey James? You alright?"
That would be Zac.
"Yeah, just thinking about how bad we're going to do today"
"OK, what is the plan for tonight?"
"What? To celebrate our victory?" I said in a very sarcastic tone of voice.
"Haha, no, just to hang out."
"I don't know, I'll just message David, his house will probably be the easiest to get to"
"OK"

""I don't know, I'll just message David, his house will probably be the easiest to get to""OK"

"OK Zac, be there at five"
"OK"
Then the bus driver (also the chess teacher) Mr. Jackson perked up
"We're here!"
We're here, my second state chess tournament, but my first senior tournament.