Chapter 5

We ran back to school and the girls helped me bring all my bags up into my dorm. They set them on the living room coffee table and I rummaged through the clothes that I didn't have knowledge of that was bought.

"Seriously, guys?" I pulled out a pink thong.

They simply shrugged and Amber answered, "Sex appeal."

"Do I really need sex appeal?" I turned to look at them.

"They'll teach it to you when you actually start classes." Alex came over and snatched the string from my hand and placed it back into the bag.

I looked at them all with disbelief. "They're going to teach me about sex appeal? In school?"

"Actually..." Kina said slowly. "It's called Vampirism. Sometimes it's fun, actually."

I turned to Kina with a flat look. "You've gotta be kidding me. Please tell me you guys are just joking."

She shrugged. "Yeah." I sighed with relief. "Psych! Hah! Did you really think we were joking?! No way! You're gonna suffer with us!"

I stared at her with horror. "What kind of school is this?!"

"They teach us how to live out in the real world." Amber said, going through my bags. "They show us how to use our new vampire bodies to get what we want."

She said it with such an aloof tone, I shivered. "I don't feel so good."

"Just drink some blood." Kina said, digging through my fridge and took out a can. She threw it to me, and I easily caught it with one hand and sighed before popping open the can and taking a swig.

"I need a shower." I said, and they all shrugged.

"Okay. We'll give you a tour afterwards." Alex said as they all began to leave.

"You remember our dorm numbers, right?" Amber asked.

"Okay, bye!" Kina shut the door just as I opened my mouth to reply.

"Actually, I don't." I muttered to myself, but just continued to drink the whole can. After I finished, I threw it and it landed right in the recycle bin. I sighed and searched through my bags to find some decent clothes. Then I took a nice relaxing shower.

After I finished, I was much calmer and went out the door, locking my dorm. There were people out in the hallways, just hanging about and talking. It was a Saturday, so I guess they could be doing whatever they wanted. But didn't any of these people have homework?

I took the elevator down to the third floor, where I knew their rooms were. But when the elevator doors opened, I was faced with rows on each side of me, full of doors to knock and open. No way in hell was I going to knock on every single door to find the right one.

As I walked, I passed by a group of guys and they looked normal enough. So I walked up to them, to which they all stared down at me.

"Hey." I slowly and uneasily said, "I'm looking for a room."

One of them smirked. "My room's free."

I rolled my eyes. Great. I just always attract the wrong people, don't I? "Never mind." I mumbled and began to walk away.

"Wait!" one shouted, but I didn't stop. "Are you new?"

"Yeah." I answered without slowing down.

"What's your name?"

"How old are you?"

"What number's your dorm?"

As they continued to ask me personal questions, I thought of something genius and turned to them with a smirk. "If one of you answers my question, I'll answer yours." They nodded and I almost laughed evilly. Guys like these are so gullible. "Do any of you know an Amber Wilson, Kina Olson, or Alex Lane?"