Chapter 13

The school day today passed by like normal. But thoughts about Constantine littered my mind. It was annoying. Just when I thought I was finally paying attention to class or had him out of my head, something happened or I saw something that reminded me of him. It was really starting to get annoying and piss me off.

Afterwards, we decided to hang out in Amber and Jeremy’s dorm. But the two were acting really strange. And I wasn’t the only one to notice either.

They wouldn’t talk with each other as much as they used to and when they simply bumped against each other by accident, they would flinch away from each other like it was a big deal and then ignore each other even more. One time, Jeremy apologized quietly, but Amber just nodded her head and turned the other way, blushing.

Something happened between the two of them, obviously. I mean, something was bound to. But I never thought it would be this randomly. Just as I was about to bring up their awkwardness, Daniel decided to bring up mine and Jayden’s relationship.

Yes, amazingly, Daniel decided to hang out with us today. I guess he’s getting used to the thought of me and Jayden going out.

“So, are you two happy in your relationship?”

Jayden snorted. “Of course. Who are you supposed to be? A relationship counselor?”

“I’m just wondering.” Daniel replied in an innocent voice, but I knew his thoughts were far from innocent. Instead of having my boyfriend and guyfriend get into an argument, I decided to change the subject.

“How’s the girl, Ethan?” But Jayden and Daniel were still giving each other looks.

Ethan shrugged calmly. “What’s there to tell?” He didn’t say anymore, making me raise an eyebrow at him. He gave me a warning glare, secretly telling me with his eyes not to say anymore, but I just had to toy with him.

“Finally had the talk you wanted with her, yet?”

No reply.

“Why so quiet Ethan?” Jeremy brought up.

“Me? Quiet? Pft.” Ethan waved a hand. “And you’re one to talk. What’s up with you and Amber?”

Immediately Jeremy went silent, earning a cruel snicker from Ethan. When there’s a time to mess with friends, I just had to join in. “Yeah you two. Having a fight with each other or something?”

Jeremy looked at me the same time Amber did and there was pleading in their eyes. They were practically begging me to help them, and I responded with the only way I could think of at the moment.

I turned to Jayden. “Hey, do you know a girl named Zoe?”

That caught his and his brother’s attention. “Yeah, why?”

“How do you know her?”

“She used to be a lab partner of mine.”

“What?!” everyone said shocked, including Amber and Jeremy. Jayden was surprised and confused at everyone’s reply, but then again, when the incident with Zoe and Ethan happened, he was asleep on my couch the whole time.

“What?” Jayden said shocked, looking at all of us. “What’s going on?”

“Is that how Ethan and Zoe met?”

“Ethan?” Jayden said, turning to his brother. “You were serious with her?” Ethan’s jaw had clenched with frustration and he was giving his younger brother a glare. Jayden had no idea what was going on, and his innocent and clueless look made him look cute.

“Alright, I’ll go first and then it’ll be your turn.” I said and told him the story of what happened when he fell asleep. I told him how I pushed Ethan off the balcony and then we all went down to check up on him to only find him flat on his back. And then next thing you know, he’s chasing after a girl called Zoe.