Chapter 23

I tilted my head up to add more, but instead got a kiss. His lips silenced me and I eventually fell into the kiss with him, molding our lips together, making me breathless quickly. His kisses were even better than before and I couldn’t help it as my lips curved lightly into a smile.

“Come with me.” He whispered against my lips as he pulled back and intertwined our fingers together. He led me out of the dancing crowd and towards the back of the club where a small hallway was.

Some of the doors were closed, but he pushed open a vacant one and after I stepped inside, he shut the door and locked it. Almost immediately, he tugged me to him and kissed me senseless again. I didn’t mind, drowning myself in him once more as he slowly made his way towards the long couch centered in the room.

My body brushed against his as he took patient steps to our destination and eventually, I turned the tables around by pushing him to sit on the couch first before climbing over him to straddle his hips.

I cupped his cheeks with my hands and pressed more kisses to his lips.

“Mariam.” He whispered my name and I loved the sound. I nibbled on his bottom lip as his hands curled around my thighs to spread them further apart so I was sitting in his lap and felt his hard and pulsing friend down there. “Mariam.” He repeated.

“Hm.” I murmured against his lips and this time, I silenced his lips with mine. But that didn’t last long as I began to smell him and his blood. The scent made me pull back to look at his flushed face. And his lip was nicked, a drop of blood seeping from the flesh.

His hands climbed up my thighs and cupped my bottom before he spoke. “You don’t know how long I’ve waited for this.”

My tongue flicked out to lick my own lip, seeing and smelling the single drop. It was slowly oozing and was about to drip down his chin, but I captured it with my tongue and moaned from the taste. The dream was nothing compared to this. It was like tasting chocolate for the first time.

But I didn’t indulge. Instead, I just dabbed the small cut with my tongue, picking up any drop that formed.

“Just bite me.” He almost sounded like he was begging.

I sighed against his lips as I leaned in to kiss. “Now?”

“It was torture.” He began, speaking between our kisses. “Being separated from you. Not tasting you. Not touching you. But I saw you. I saw you every time I closed my eyes. You haunted me day and night.”

“That’s what you get.” I licked his bottom lip, shivering from the taste again.

“Even worse, my throat wouldn’t stop aching. My fangs wouldn’t stop throbbing.” His grip on my bottom tightened, making me moan. “Before I knew it, I was already addicted to you.”

My heart began to beat rapidly and I prayed he wouldn’t notice. His words were affecting me like no other before, but I didn’t want him to know. At least not yet. For all I knew, he was just saying that because he wanted a drink from me, just like I wanted one from him.

But he was just practically begging for me to sink my fangs into him.

“I suffered so much, Mariam. So much.” His voice became strained, making me slowly stop and listen. His tone was cracking my heart. “Just thinking of you made me insane. Even right now, having you by my side has teleported me into a world where it’s just the two of us.”

“You’re talking nonsense.” I whispered soothingly, kissing his neck, right where his pulsed beat strongest.

“I know it was stupid of me to think we could just forget each other. Now I know it’s impossible. Who cares about the curse? This is my life and I decide what I want to do with it. No one else matters. Even if you eventually leave for another guy-”