Chapter 7

The punishment Fariyel told me about almost made me regret my decision. Almost.

I had to go to each and every classroom to clean the desks and counter tops. I already got this sort of punishment back when I was a human still attending a human school. It was after I got caught by my teacher for drawing on the desk I sat on. But the thing was I only had to clean her classroom.

This time, I had to go to all the classes.

Fariyel watched over me too, so I couldn't escape.

"C'mon Fariyel. I said I was sorry." I whined even as I was wiping the tables.

"Sorry doesn't cut it." She glared at me. "Do you have any idea how dangerous the forest around the school can be?"

"No." I muttered, but then spoke up. "If it's so dangerous, then why did you build your school right in the middle of it?"

"So that humans wouldn't wander close by." Fariyel answered. "Besides, I made sure that the dorm would be safe from any danger."

"Well..." I stopped and turned to her with curiosity. "What sort of danger is out there?"

"Keep cleaning." She said sternly and I immediately obeyed. After a few seconds, she responded. "The type of danger out there isn't any of you concern. Just know that it's dangerous to be on your own."

"The mountain lion was friendly." I brought up casually.

When Fariyel didn't reply, I glanced at her to see that she had a secret smile on her lips. "She is...an ally." But then she suddenly realized that she said too much and covered her mouth with her hands. And yet the movement still looked elegant.

But I decided to let her off easily, even though she was giving me this punishment. Because really, I was going to get back out into the forest sooner or later. And Fariyel didn't have to know about it.

>>>>><<<<<

When I finished, I went back to my dorm, which was inhabited by my friends. They all stared straight at me when I entered, and their eyes were filled with guilt.

I decided to play with them and glared. "You guys told her." They didn't say anything, but they didn't deny it either. But I already knew when Fariyel said they caved. I sighed and shook my head dramatically. "Ruining my fun."

"Look," Amber brought up. And of course, it would be her who would speak up first. "Fariyel would've found out sooner or later. She just happened to find out sooner."

"You guys could've at least just told her you didn't know where I was instead of telling her flat out I was in the forest!" I raised my voice and motioned outside. "Do you know what she did to punish me?!"

Their eyes widened. And the stage was set.

"She dragged me even deeper into the forest! And then she tied me with rope and left me hanging on a branch while she sat on it and stared down at me!" I shouted, waving my hands wildly. Their faces were filled with genuine fear and worry. "And then this mountain lion appeared and tried to bite my head off!"

At that point, everyone started spouting off something along the lines of "Okay, I believed you up until the lion part."

I just grinned back at them. "You sure? Cause that's the only part of the story that was true."

By the looks in their eyes, I knew they didn't believe me. But even if I did argue my point, I doubt they'd end up believing me. Especially if I told them I actually held one of the lion's cubs in my arms.

So instead, I just shrugged at them. "Fine. Don't believe me."

>>>>><<<<<