Chapter 1

Thank you tobbias for the cover!!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It happened while I was walking down the street. It was the usual street that I walked on after coming home from school. But today was different. Due to some tests that I had to make up, I stayed after school and ended up taking the tests until almost six in the evening. Yeah, the tests were way too important to miss. I was amazed the teacher was actually willing to stay that long just for me. And for a few others who missed as well.

Anyway, as I was walking, I passed by the alley that usually contained a bunch of stray cats and rodents and such. But today, someone grabbed me as I almost passed by. A cold, large hand captured my wrist and another was placed over my mouth. But I didn’t even scream. I was too shocked at the sudden attack.

But after a few seconds of the shock passing, I started to struggle, kicking, punching, jabbing. Nothing seemed to work. As I was deciding what to try next, the person spoke.

“Fresh meat.” He whispered. “Fresh blood.”

What?! I tried to say something, but his hand muffled any words I spoke.

Then he suddenly slammed me up against the wall, and I got a good look at him. His hair was long and disheveled, covered in dirt and sand, and his breath smelled horrible, like he ate something raw.

His face was…beautiful. Every angle was…perfect. But the perfection was ruined by the bright blood shot eyes and creamy white fangs protruding from his lips. The sight made me want to scream, but again, his hand muffled anything trying to come from my mouth.

I kicked him in the gut with all my power and he coughed right into my face, making me immediately regret it.

“Little human.” He growled. “You don’t want to anger me.”

I simply glared at him and decided I’d rather escape while being coughed on than dying. I tried to send him another of my famous kicks, but he grabbed my ankle and dragged me to my butt.

Oh god. Is he going to rape me?

He kneeled down in front of me, in between my legs and I saw his wide lips smirk. “Perfect.”

“Perfect?!” I shouted with horror, but it came out in a jumble.

Then he leaned towards me and I shrieked and struggled with all my might. But he held me down as if I was nothing more than a bug. How is that possible? I’m strong. I was trained by the strongest man alive, well, my dad, but he was the strongest ever to me, and yet I’m being controlled by a stranger?!

I flinched when he moved towards my face, but instead of kissing me like I was expecting, he placed his mouth on my neck. Or more like his sharp teeth. They sunk in easily, and the jolt of pain was excruciating. I felt like I was going to die.

The he started sucking my blood, like a leech! Or in this case…vampire.

I struggled, I really did. But as he sucked out more and more blood, I felt more and more cold, lifeless, dead. My hands dropped on their own to the concrete floor and I could feel his mouth form into a smirk.

My eyes slowly started getting drowsy and if felt as if I was just going to float away and just disappear. The pain was numbed and finally, my eyes drooped shut. But he suddenly ripped his fangs off of me and I screamed in pain.

I shot my eyes open and saw that he didn’t rip his fangs out of me, someone else did. That someone else was now holding him against the other wall and was choking the life out of the vampire.

“Why am I doing this?” I thought I heard the stranger murmur. “I should’ve just minded my own damn business. It’s not like I’m a part of HELL.”

“Release me!” the vampire shouted.

“Would you shut up?! You’re gonna attract attention.”

“You’ll die for this boy! I’ll kill you!” the madman continued to shout and right after he said that, I heard a sickening crack.

When the stranger let the vampire go, he slipped to the ground, unmoving. Was he dead? I tried my best to crane my neck up to look at the person who saved me and was amazed to see that he was my age. He still looked young and he was also a very handsome man like the vampire, but this one had good hygiene.

“I smelled something good, only to see it being attacked by someone before me.” The boy said down to me, and he smirked. “But you know, you’re kinda cute. You mind me taking a sip as well?”

I found myself glaring at him. How rude could he be?! I just got attacked and he’s asking if he can drink from me as well?! If I wasn’t so injured, I’d be kicking his ass right now. But now that I looked at him longer, I noticed that, yes, he was beautiful, but too beautiful.

He was also a vampire.

“I’m sure HELL has already heard of this and they’re probably sending people right now. I better get out of here.” The boy said muttering to himself, but then he glanced down at me and stared.

“Help me dammit.” I said and gasped from the pain I felt just from speaking those words.

The stranger raised an eyebrow, and I stared at his silvery eyes. They were just like the moon. “And what do I get out of saving you, hm?”

Of course he would ask that. Selfish ass.

“Not answering?” he said, and I wanted to scream. I wanted to speak, but the pain was too much that I could barely keep myself conscious at the moment. “Then I’m just going to leave.”

“Wait!” I shouted quickly, and regretted it. The pain shot down my neck, through my body. “Dammit, asshole! Do something!” I said through gritted teeth.

He crossed his arms over his chest and looked like the pompous ass he was. “Is that any way to ask for help?”

“Save me, and I’ll let you drink my blood.” I quickly said, gasping at the end from another shot of pain.

The guy looked shocked at the proposition. “Really? How about we switch it around though? I drink first, then help you later. Unless you’re one of those people who don’t like deals done that way. But then that would just complicate things up and-”

“Shut up and help me!” I shouted and felt light headed. “Just keep me alive.”

He walked over to me and placed a hand behind my head to stand it up, and he made me look at him. Straight into his silver moon eyes. “The only way I can keep you alive is if I turn you. Is that what you want? You won’t be the same, you’ll become the same thing that attacked you, you won’t see your family or friends ever again, and blah blah blah blah, all that other stuff you humans struggle over.”

I had a feeling this guy was just talking a lot to mess with me. “Just. Do. It.” I forced through clenched teeth.

“Are you sure?” he asked once again. “You don’t care? I’m warning you, this is a life or death situation, literally.”

“I don’t care.” I huffed each sentence. “I’ll figure something out later. Just keep me alive. I don’t want to die. Not yet.” I stared straight into his eyes as I said that and he just stared back.

It was dark, so I wasn’t able to see his face completely, but his eyes shined, and they were my attention’s main focus.

“Last chance.” He said in a warning tone.

I sighed. “Just turn me now dumbass.”

And then I was gone.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The girl at the side is Mariam Pierce.